Anyone else going to Gangsta City - The Raid next weekend?

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Excited to be able to make this one as it has been too long since the last event (Op ACRE from Stirling Airsoft....also at Glos Prison) and I love game play with a bit more to it than just 30-40mins of pew-pew and then faffing in the safe zone for almost as long.

Still weighing up the primary - M733 AEG (with bodged handguard - Gorilla Glue and Milliput to the rescue!) or the MWS (with heavy, real capacity mags...but RECOIL!) and which chest rig to take. USP with lots of mags is a given for the up close and personal nature of the buildings. 

Very little comms from the organisers, guess there will be an info dump on the day and I can panic program my UV5R before kick off. Got my gang colour t-shirt and 0.28g BBs sorted and waiver signed. 

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

I'm sorry, whatever is your thing is your thing, but....

Gangsta city - The Raid?

smile-laughing.gif

Well I didn’t name the company or the event so 🤷🏽 They seem to have a good rep for themed events and Gloucester Prison is a fun site. Also you aren’t going to be there so it just got better 😂

43 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Well I didn’t name the company or the event so 🤷🏽 They seem to have a good rep for themed events and Gloucester Prison is a fun site. Also you aren’t going to be there so it just got better 😂

Maybe you should take a look at the title you gave this thread; the name of the event is there.  It does not take much to find out who the organisers are from that.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Excited

And don't let naysayers say nay.

We're just playing dress up and hide-and-seek with expensive spud-guns.  Sure, the organisation will almost certainly be the usual comically contradictory clusterfrag, but just go out and play the way that you want to play and you'll have a blast.

Some airsoft games have incredibly silly names.  Still incredibly silly fun though.   So types a man dressed as a Viet Cong guerrilla from about 1968 sitting round a campfire with similarly dressed loons. 

8 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Maybe you should take a look at the title you gave this thread; the name of the event is there.  It does not take much to find out who the organisers are from that.

I think you misunderstand, I am saying that I did not choose the name of the company running the event, not that was keeping the name secret 😁

Edited by SSPKali

I've played at a few of the gangsta city events in the last few years and they've always been fun and well run.

Plenty comedy aswell, the christmas event last year was a good laugh dressed as an elf 😂

So. I have seen a few photos around, on insta and a few FB posts on what went down. I would like to ask @SSPKali, how did you find it, are these images and reports consistent with what you saw?

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

So. I have seen a few photos around, on insta and a few FB posts on what went down. I would like to ask @SSPKali, how did you find it, are these images and reports consistent with what you saw?

Good or bad ? 🤔

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

Good or bad ? 🤔

Despicable. I have seen pictures of the sex doll, hanging by feet with added "blood" around  sensitive area. 

Read a couple of 1st hand accounts of toxic misogyny, there was also (apparently, not seen pictures) some intense anti Semitic imagery. 

Wanted more first hand accounts on what went on....

No doubt all of which the organisers will try to justify with bullshit like it's banter, part of the immersion or don't be such a snowflake.

7 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Despicable. I have seen pictures of the sex doll, hanging by feet with added "blood" around  sensitive area. 

Read a couple of 1st hand accounts of toxic misogyny, there was also (apparently, not seen pictures) some intense anti Semitic imagery. 

Wanted more first hand accounts on what went on....

Do you have links to the first hand accounts?

6 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

No doubt all of which the organisers will try to justify with bullshit like it's banter, part of the immersion or don't be such a snowflake.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the reaction; some people just do not get it.

• Supporters

it's airsoft ffs, how is any of that crap even considered necessary for setting the theme. 

Another site/organiser on my shit list lol

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

it's airsoft ffs, how is any of that crap even considered necessary for setting the theme. 

Another site/organiser on my shit list lol

The site, not so much. It was gangster @ the prison rather than a ucap event. See this link for first hand. https://instagram.com/stories/dw_941/3092361399665429716?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY= there are indeed others on a certain people in a well known FB group that sit both sides of the wtaf/it's just fun

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

The site, not so much. It was gangster @ the prison rather than a ucap event. See this link for first hand. https://instagram.com/stories/dw_941/3092361399665429716?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY= there are indeed others on a certain people in a well known FB group that sit both sides of the wtaf/it's just fun

Don't get me wrong, I'm no snowflake & you've got to go really dark to even get close to offending me, but my bigger concern is this shit gets out & hits the mainstream media, that's another nail in the Airsoft coffin, imagine the headlines:

"ANTISEMETIC MYSOGINISTS RUNNING AROUND WITH GUNS" 

There'd be so many groups with an axe to grind against us👎

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

"ANTISEMETIC MYSOGINISTS RUNNING AROUND WITH GUNS" 

Wouldn't be the first time.  Mid Century History Enthusiasts are drawn to this hobby, and I've expressed concerns a few times about the "Calm down, it's just dreᛋᛋ up, lol" sorts.

If the organisers are OK with what went on, I'd prefer that they say so clearly so that folk know what to expect.

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

bigger concern is this shit gets out & hits the mainstream media

This a  million percent. Anyone else remember when one of the shit rag tabloids got hold of pics of a site using shemaghs for team ID?

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

This a  million percent. Anyone else remember when one of the shit rag tabloids got hold of pics of a site using shemaghs for team ID?

Even worse, rype village at Lydd camp had a badly mocked up "minaret", more of a reference point than an actual religious depiction, didn't stop the shit hitting the fan when an airsofter sneaked a picture out that then got in to a lefty rag. 

Yeah, because you don't want training areas to resemble where troops are going to be deployed.

As for the bellend who took the photo, this kind of thing is the reason the MoD are reluctant to let airsoft companies use training areas

Edited by Cannonfodder

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.