G&G GC16 Predator gearbox

Devildust

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a UK supplier that sells new empty gearboxes or complete boxes for these?
I am thinking (rather than buggering up my one that came with the aeg) that I could buy a new one or empty shell and use this as a test base for parts, that way I will always have the bog standard to revert to if the other one bites the dust, a failsafe if you will lol. With so many upgrade options it would be nice to be able to test it out.
I have looked online but there seems to be so many versions of this gear box that I am not too sure of which one is which for this aeg.

Cheers

Looks like a standard G&G shell with ambi control gears added...

image.png.024ecdcfd89c024a2eba942056e39c72.png

This *should* work - but nothing in Airsoft is guaranteed to be a drop-in fit, even with the same manufacturer (looking at you ICS):

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gg-gen-2-gearbox-verii-for-8mm-bearingcase-only

• Supporters
15 hours ago, strykerles said:

As far as I can tell it's a standard V2 gearbox so most should fit although some can be a bit tight in certain recievers

That's standard in the same way as RS-232 is a "standard" though, right?

18 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Looks like a standard G&G shell with ambi control gears added...

image.png.024ecdcfd89c024a2eba942056e39c72.png

This *should* work - but nothing in Airsoft is guaranteed to be a drop-in fit, even with the same manufacturer (looking at you ICS):

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gg-gen-2-gearbox-verii-for-8mm-bearingcase-only

Didn't know if it was different because of the ETU? I know it's a v2 casing. I could be wrong (most frequently I am lol)

6 hours ago, Lozart said:

That's standard in the same way as RS-232 is a "standard" though, right?

in airsoft there is no standard, only the guarantee that something will go wrong on the day 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.