One thing you wish you knew coming into airsoft?

ODST

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm kind of new to airsoft, just wondering what your top tip is for newbros?

TIA ✌️

6 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

And take the Monday after a good skirmish off work! 😉

This one I feel in my bones. Especially as weekenders are a thing I do....

There are a number of things that, as I looked around the hobby (after first rental) that I do know instead of getting deep in, so here is a short list.

1. Budget Airsofting is possible and enjoyable, patience is the key

2. Good boots are simply a must as part of the setup cost

3. Most people forget mags and batteries (and charger) when considering cost of starting

4. I hike so a back bladder was part of my start up costs - nothing ruins a last game as much as not being hydrated

Just to echo what everyone else has said really. 

- My G&G cm16 raider out performed my LCT AK out the box. So price isn't everything. 

- play how you want to play, find what you like doing before buying all the gnus.

- you don't need all the shiny 'operator' kit to start with. Unless you want to look like a member of 24 SAS 'the Autists'. 

- try different sites. 

Edited by OTH21

43 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Good boots , good eye pro , keep it light and unless you are doing some sort of themed / milsim / larp event then Wear what’s comfortable not what’s cool . 

Do wear what's cool... temperature-wise ;)

I get very sweaty running around in my kit (British Army MTP under-shirt + jacket, combat trousers, belt rig) so always take along a couple of undershirts to change into (one for lunchtime, one for end of the day) so I don't get too cold when I stop running around.    That's even during the winter.
(Maybe I need to invest in some high quality running or hiking undershirts)

I tried a cheapo combat vest from eBay.   Made me sweat horribly, so I remain wary of plate-carriers and other stuff that'll add to the heat and sweat retention around the torso.

35 minutes ago, OTH21 said:

- try different sites

If you have them near by.

Also having a great day is absolutely a reason to keep going back to the same site....

Multipul things. Buy the best you can afford. Don't buy anything you Don't need accessories wise (the weight adds up). Good boots with ankle support. Never cheap out on eye protection. Pistols are not necessary but if you are going to get one most cases TM are better than any metal gun. Keep your fitness up you'll be less prone to injury. Always either carry water or drink after every game. If you can afford it or have modified your primary have a back up. If you upgrade for accuracy and range you can spend stupid money for minimal improvements. 

HPA is not magic pixie dust. It does not immediately make your gun the bestestest around.

GBB is fun and not as much of a pain in the arse as people make it out to be (if you do your research and buy the right thing - which hopefully you'd be doing anyways!)

And as a "wish other people knew/did this", if you're going to tinker with your gun buy a bloody chrono 😄

10 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Some folk take it just too seriously man!

This times a gazillion. There's always one idiot who thinks they're the lovechild of Jason Hayes and Captain Price, don't be that guy. If someone outsmarts you congratulate them rather than sulking, especially if they're a new player

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.