GHK AKM with maple leaf hop unit

Koooo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, the GHK AKM is definitely the most confusing thing I have ever encountered.

Now, here is the issue: after hundreds of shots, my new ghk akm's original hop-up unit malfunctioned and damaged my new maple leaf nub.

I got a new maple unit for it, but it seems like it can't fit the base ?! (already change to a GBB barreal)

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

9e08caae7a1eb7e360cfdae06857325.thumb.jpg.1fd64e84608c857ad8393d725665dc13.jpg1afdfa19b47a8347d12c42eb6bf2f02.thumb.jpg.1a9da73922b9e17f46a57a61aef3061b.jpg

991d999919c417488d92139e97d2b8d.jpg

Edited by Koooo

It could be one of 2 things:

1. You need to unscrew the barrel, fit it then tighten the barrel again into the trunnion.  Its tricky and takes a bit of time.  

2. You have used the C-Clip/Barrel clip on the barrel, I had issues with fitment of mine for some reason with it on, just take it off and try again.

That doesn't look like a ML unit either.  The colour is wrong.  Where did you get it?  If all else fails, just order the original hop unit and a few spares.  I run the ML and its decent but I am tempted to try the TNT one.  Also, check the Heavy Recoil Club Discord for GHK tech tips

In fact, that looks suspiciously like a Bowmaster metal hop unit.

Where are you based?

Edited by EvilMonkee

From the Discord:

There is a sequence on how you should adjust the outer barrel, but there's several approaches to this.

Prep:
Before you go about adjusting the outer barrel for the handguard or hopup unit, adjust the outer barrel such that the dust cover will seat correctly. The positions of which your dust cover would seat into the rear trunnion is the range of positions that you could set your outer barrel at.

For the AKS-74U/MSU, the dust cover is secured using a set screw at the bottom of the dust cover hinge. You want to adjust the outer barrel as per the below process and then secure the dust cover hinge last.

But in a nutshell, any of these faults is a failure criteria:
* Dust cover is too tight
* Hopup dial is jammed / pinched bucking
* Handguard retainer won't lock / lock-pin does not reach the groove

Process: 
If you are trying to fit a handguard that requires several extra turns such that the retainer tensions correctly, get as many turns in without jamming your hopup. 

Scenario a) If the handguard is tight but your hop is running loose
shim the hop unit itself
Scenario b) Hopup is jammed but handguard is still running loose
shim the handguard
 (edited)
[8:47 AM]
Reserved (edited)

comradebear — 01/03/2023 9:05 AM
Note: Shimming the hopup is highly dependent on which hopup unit you're using that isnt TDC. Nominally I have to add o-rings to the BM and Maple units but have to remove the provided o-ring on the TNT unit as it is usually redundant

Additional note: This has to be done from scratch if you're swapping outer barrels / upgrading to steel outer barrels

Installing the Maple leaf hop unit

1.1) NEVER file the alignment winglets. If your unit's alignment wings appear to be slightly offset towards the bottom of the unit, this is normal. The two winglets are not coaxial to the bore.

The way to know if you have lost the GHK lottery is if you have to take a mallet to the unit to go in and the top of the unit is getting sheared off (See attached image). Otherwise, it's probably just your c-clip not seated correctly

But seriously, it's most likely the c-clip because you can check by seating the hop unit in place without installing the inner barrel

1.2) The ML unit is very sharp so if it's shaving material off your nylon feed ramp, you probably have a minor misalignment. As long as you can install the feed ramp without forcing it in however, it should still feed.

2) NEVER file the c-clip. If you have issues getting the clip to seat flush, you've probably deformed it by failing to seat it into the groove correctly in your previous attempts. Crimp/bend the c-clip inwards and try again

3) The ML dial is more prone to getting jammed than the other hop units by design due to the way it interfaces with the trunnion. If you're getting a jammed dial but an otherwise perfectly good alignment you may want to consider the TDC mod to circumvent this issue

4) If your BBs are rolling out you probably haven't applied sufficient hop. You need at least on average 30% dial to get any grip on just 0.2g, higher for heavier weights and bucking hardness

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

它可能是两件事之一:

1.您需要拧下枪管,装上它,然后再次将枪管拧紧到耳轴上。 这很棘手,需要一些时间。 

使用了 C 型夹/枪管夹 2. 您在枪管上 ,由于某种原因我的安装出现问题,请将其取下并重试。

这看起来也不像 ML 单元。 颜色不对。 你在哪里得到它? 如果一切都失败了,只需订购原始的啤酒花单元和一些备件。 我运行 ML 和它的体面,但我很想尝试 TNT 一个。 另外,查看 Heavy Recoil Club Discord 以获得 GHK 技术提示

事实上,这看起来很像 Bowmaster 金属啤酒花装置。

你在哪里?

Thanks mate, I get it from empire airsoft, I believe it's a real maple leaf one just my camera may provide strange output

Where do you live? I am decent at teching them and could help if you are close to me

Is it a new rifle?  Newer GHK AKs sadly have some QC issues which means that you might have a misaligned barrel, in which case sadly you are fucked

11 小时前,EvilMonkee 说:

你住在哪里? 我很擅长为他们提供技术,如果你离我很近,我可以提供帮助

是新步枪吗? 遗憾的是较新的 GHK AK 存在一些 QC 问题,这意味着您的枪管可能未对准,在这种情况下,遗憾的是您完蛋了

Manchester, yeah, new rifle....

Well if you fancy a trip down to Peterborough I can look at it for you.  Otherwise, there are a load of pinned threads on the Heavy Recoil GBBR GHK AK Tech Tips page giving examples of the QC issues you need to look out for.  Noone knows why but GHK QC has gone to rats the last 2 years. 

11 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Well if you fancy a trip down to Peterborough I can look at it for you.  Otherwise, there are a load of pinned threads on the Heavy Recoil GBBR GHK AK Tech Tips page giving examples of the QC issues you need to look out for.  Noone knows why but GHK QC has gone to rats the last 2 years. 

People do know why 

The Ak issue is because LCT no longer supply the AK kits so they are bought from China 

The M4 is because the mold for the normal cast M4 reciever is worn out 

1 hour ago, 1st commando said:

People do know why 

The Ak issue is because LCT no longer supply the AK kits so they are bought from China 

Thanks for the info, news to me.

On 29/03/2023 at 12:52, 1st commando said:

People do know why 

they should just coperate with E&L...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.