AEG Hop Rubber Fitment

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm not actually using a Maxx hop unit but this is the only pic I could find with a notch where the barrel clip goes. Anyway, when fitting a hop rubber I can still see it through this notch, does it need to be trimmed a little bit until I can't see it at all?

IMG_20230324_065019.png

58 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I'm not actually using a Maxx hop unit but this is the only pic I could find with a notch where the barrel clip goes. Anyway, when fitting a hop rubber I can still see it through this notch, does it need to be trimmed a little bit until I can't see it at all?

IMG_20230324_065019.png

Certainly not an expert but whenever this has been the case for me I’ve trimmed it if the C clip won’t engage properly, leaving the hop unit not secured into place with the barrel. If the C clip still fully clips in there isn’t really any reason to though.

• Supporters

If the clip fits don't worry about it.

You might want to check the rubber isn't getting stretched when pushing the barrel into the hop unit.

Made the mistake of buying a madbull hop unit which was so damn tight it would pull the hop unit over the end of the barrel when fitting.

I shortened it a smidge, so it sits literally flush to the back of the clip. Think that'll do. 

Now all I need to figure out is how to keep the motor connectors on this ERG 🤔....the positive keeps popping off.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.