Hi, I'm Gavin & I'm an addict...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had a modest collection of Spring, AEG's & deacivated SMG's, Rifles & pistols in the 90's but surrendered them all after the Dunblane massacre (lived pretty close at the time, & were all perfectly legal), since I'm now a bit older & missing my youth I've done the typical thing of buying loads of vinyl & Military memorabelia including uniforms, webbing, bergens & a ridiculious quantity of airsoft & replica SMG's, rifles & pistols, I'm guessing I'm not alone?

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

No judgement, but do you actually play with them, or just collect?

The elite of us upgrade our pistols until they become too nice to use, so we can justify buying another (stock) model.

• Supporters

Whereas us peasant’s have more sense😜

18 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

I had a modest collection of Spring, AEG's & deacivated SMG's, Rifles & pistols in the 90's but surrendered them all after the Dunblane massacre (lived pretty close at the time, & were all perfectly legal), 

WTF? You gave away all your legally owned stuff for nothing?

They wouldn't get shit from me.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, pikeandgun said:

image.gif.12bcbcc5f3acda70cffee1963d9520c2.gif

18 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

I had a modest collection of Spring, AEG's & deacivated SMG's, Rifles & pistols in the 90's but surrendered them all after the Dunblane massacre (lived pretty close at the time, & were all perfectly legal), since I'm now a bit older & missing my youth I've done the typical thing of buying loads of vinyl & Military memorabelia including uniforms, webbing, bergens & a ridiculious quantity of airsoft & replica SMG's, rifles & pistols, I'm guessing I'm not alone?

I’m out of vinyl/rubber wear after I recently off loaded the remainder of my last bondage auction lot to a lead singer/guitarist.

I’ve a load of leather gear in assorted sizes which will be available once he’s checked them out 

Or is that the wrong kind of vinyl?

31 minutes ago, pikeandgun said:

None of the stuff he surrendered was even banned, there was zero risk.

His gear, his choice. And of course there was a risk after Dunblane. I'm sure he wasn't the only one to offload his gear at the time.

2 hours ago, pikeandgun said:

As others have pointed out, his kit his choice. Tbh your reply just makes you come across as a kid trying to be edgy at best

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

As others have pointed out, his kit his choice. Tbh your reply just makes you come across as a kid trying to be edgy at best

Not edgy, I own a collection of Deacts and RIFs and can't ever comprehend surrendering them especially when there's no requirement to.

Even if it's his kit I still can't understand it.

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy and welcome.  Yes, you've found your people.  Even my very modest stash of trash tier RIFs is far more than I can really use.

No judgement, but do you actually play with them, or just collect?

I'm a collector, may skirmish in the future tho.

6 hours ago, pikeandgun said:

It felt morally wrong to keep them, I live just a few miles away at the time.

6 hours ago, Tommikka said:

I’m out of vinyl/rubber wear after I recently off loaded the remainder of my last bondage auction lot to a lead singer/guitarist.

I’ve a load of leather gear in assorted sizes which will be available once he’s checked them out 

Or is that the wrong kind of vinyl?

not enough dodgy vinyl for my fat arse.

22 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

It felt morally wrong to keep them, I live just a few miles away at the time.

I don't know man I just don't get it. People get stabbed everyday but I'm never going to just hand in my Bayonets.

Edited by pikeandgun

16 hours ago, pikeandgun said:

Not edgy, I own a collection of Deacts and RIFs and can't ever comprehend surrendering them especially when there's no requirement to.

Even if it's his kit I still can't understand it.

Having a collection of riffs etc is irrelevant, everyone here has. Giving it the take it from my cold dead hands crap just makes you look quite sad and childish 

7 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Are you old enough to remember what  happened at Dunblane?

Yeah a school shooting and there's been a few mass shootings since then like with the recent one in Plymouth. 

34 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Having a collection of riffs etc is irrelevant, everyone here has. Giving it the take it from my cold dead hands crap just makes you look quite sad and childish 

Who said cold dead hands when there was no ban on RIFs and Deactivated guns? 

39 minutes ago, pikeandgun said:

Yeah a school shooting and there's been a few mass shootings since then like with the recent one in Plymouth. 

We have had one school shooting in the UK, and some mass shootings

We didn’t take it well to see dead children in the news 

The OP decided he didn’t want his gun collection at the time

You are coming across as a bit of a cunt, which I suspect is not what you were hoping for.

You know what I mean and I never said there was a ban. 

43 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

You are coming across as a bit of a cunt,

Only a bit?

52 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Only a bit?

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.  However, you are right; he is coming across as a total cunt.

36 minutes ago, pikeandgun said:

Don't see how I'm a cunt for just stating that there has been shootings since Dunblane.

No, and you never will see it either

I think we should probably get back on topic.

On 24/03/2023 at 23:19, gavinkempsell said:

I'm a collector, may skirmish in the future tho.

Give any AEGs you have a service before you do. No doubt someone here can recommend a good technician local to you.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.