So I'm making my own grenades...

Jez_Armstrong

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Great minds I'm currently trying to fit it inside an inner tube 😂

It's not going well 

image.gif.aba7f336fc6434277422848bcc419e9c.gif

Can you still get those keyring things to find your keys which beeps when you whistle?

EDIT: Yes, something like THIS

Would need electronics integration so that it only activates/listens after going off.

Edited by EDcase

56 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Some kind of Bluetooth tracking ability might be cool too. 

Saving time hunting for the little blighter after a game. 

I do have a Bluetooth module I have integrated into it, meaning you can just play music through it 😂

1 hour ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Great minds I'm currently trying to fit it inside an inner tube 😂

It's not going well 

Don’t ask how I know this …… but liquid latex / plasti-dip are useful products

There are devices that exist which could possibly be used to open up inner tubes to make it a bit easier to drop in the device

But having those in you’re toolbox tend to raise eyebrows more than liquid latex

44 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Don’t ask how I know this …… but liquid latex / plasti-dip are useful products

There are devices that exist which could possibly be used to open up inner tubes to make it a bit easier to drop in the device

But having those in you’re toolbox tend to raise eyebrows more than liquid latex

Bit like a vet uses to get elastic grommets on horses knackers. 😮

I like this a lot, no messing around with primers, you can use it as many times as you like and there's all the customisation you could want from a grenade. Hell you could even have CQB / outdoor volume settings which would overcome my reservations about grenades & indoor spaces.

Could you not have some lights on it that start flashing once the audio has finished and then stop on whatever reset method you have? or an audible beep, or both? That would certainly help in finding it.

19 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I do have a Bluetooth module I have integrated into it, meaning you can just play music through it 😂

Howsabout a notch to slip in & secure an AirTag like device ?

3 hours ago, Madhouse said:

I like this a lot, no messing around with primers, you can use it as many times as you like and there's all the customisation you could want from a grenade. Hell you could even have CQB / outdoor volume settings which would overcome my reservations about grenades & indoor spaces.

Could you not have some lights on it that start flashing once the audio has finished and then stop on whatever reset method you have? or an audible beep, or both? That would certainly help in finding it.

It's certainly something I can look into, adding a beeping sound after a few minutes would be easy as its just an mp3 file 

Adding to the general "this looks really cool" crowd. I like the idea a lot, so much so I now have a new "saving space" in my account.

I would like to see the glow in dark standard.... Size is good as well. It is far too easy to lose a "quake" style in a woodland.

2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Adding to the general "this looks really cool" crowd. I like the idea a lot, so much so I now have a new "saving space" in my account.

I would like to see the glow in dark standard.... Size is good as well. It is far too easy to lose a "quake" style in a woodland.

Thbaks bud! 

After making the prototype from parts the next mission is to source the same internals for a decent price and have them all shipped to me 

5 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I also wrapped it in door frame sticky foam (draft excluder foam?) and electrical tape so it's softer and obsorbs alot of impact 

Also known as hat size adjustment foam, to the customers of a particular store