So I'm making my own grenades...

Jez_Armstrong

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

These are amazing pieces of work: I look forward to seeing them used one and then banned at my local sites. ;) 

I can see mk1 not being very popular but what about Mk2? 

• Supporters

Yeah the first one is just annoying, but the Mk2 definitely has the potential to be considered a timed "grenade" of sorts, especially useful for those urban sites that can't have any form of pyro ? 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

They've had 8 years to make theirs, I think their customers would be happy to have one of my mk1's than carry on waiting 😂

As one of the original backers...yes, yes I would be.

1 minute ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Yeah the mk1 does seem to be annoying but it's where I started the idea 

Yes you can record your own audio up to 10 seconds 

I can already imagine some of the audio being used 😂

30 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Will you be bringing these to market before or after the Molyneux MAS-G?

The world will have ended before that happens.

Hm. I don't know if this kind of this grenade is gonna be allowed on sites. Basically it's just loud but does nothing else.

But there could be a market for impact grenades which uses a loud bang noise if it hits a hard surface. Making different versions regarding dB so more sites could accept it instead banning everything.

Imagine not spending money on primers..

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Krisz said:

Hm. I don't know if this kind of this grenade is gonna be allowed on sites. Basically it's just loud but does nothing else.

But there could be a market for impact grenades which uses a loud bang noise if it hits a hard surface. Making different versions regarding dB so more sites could accept it instead banning everything.

Not every site allows pyrotechnics, either insurance issues or the public in reasonably close proximity, so a non explosive relatively low volume grenade maybe just the answer those sites are looking for in order to inject a further element of realism in to their games. 

And if it says "BOOM MOTHERFUCKER" after 5 seconds, even better🤣

download (36).jpg

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Lozart said:

As one of the original backers...yes, yes I would be.

I feel the need to point out Ive moved 5 times since I backed that things lol.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I feel the need to point out Ive moved 5 times since I backed that things lol.

I've only moved once but hey...you do you.

18 hours ago, Tackle said:

Yeah the first one is just annoying, but the Mk2 definitely has the potential to be considered a timed "grenade" of sorts, especially useful for those urban sites that can't have any form of pyro ? 

I think I've figured out how to make the mk1 play for only 10 seconds also, I wonder if that will be ok

• Head Moderator

The glow in the dark and flashing light would be excellent in dark CQB environments for recovery of the grenade once thrown. Although it would have to kept from view before use due to the glow.

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

I think I've figured out how to make the mk1 play for only 10 seconds also, I wonder if that will be ok

For me no, I'm not big on the whole distraction device idea, especially as it starts sounding the instant the pins pulled.

The whole grenade thing with a a timed silence allowing you time to post it through a doorway or window definitely sounds like a game changer though.

• Head Moderator
19 hours ago, Krisz said:

Yes, I have saved a lot over the years by not buying primers and just using a cardbord Mk5 thunderflash ;).

I’ve been meaning to hop in since seeing the title of the thread, and making my assumptions that is was about DIY pyrotechnics, particularly as I was seeing mk1 & mk2 in the updates but I’ve been busy in the lead up to today

As per my accompanying photo I can just about squeeze in some time to properly read and comment …..

I’m relieved that @Jez_Armstrongis fairly safe from self destruction and a terrorism arrest 

I’m liking both ideas. 
Mk1 makes good use of an existing product

Mk2 builds on that

My main dislike of mk1 was the need to stop it, but it seems like you can crack that

(as a site prop I’d be less worried about it being on until reset - but it would depend on the environment as an alarm in a confined underground room is a bit different to woodland)

Good idea, good fun project.

…… and it’s up to the site if they let you use it

The key problem with devices is losing them, shutting them up and retrieving them

You appear to be thinking along those line 

1F3EC592-E138-450E-AF4A-167CA47F7304.jpeg

The MK1 doesn't do much for me.  If it had a delay then boom sound (white noise) for a few seconds it might be worth pursuing in my view.

But the MK2 definitely has marketable potential as long as its priced right and up to the point a certain country makes a cheaper copy...

My input would be if you could give it a thin rubber/neoprene outer to protect it and the victims.  That would help it being accepted at sites (most allow rolling BFGs and dropping through windows)

13 minutes ago, EDcase said:

The MK1 doesn't do much for me.  If it had a delay then boom sound (white noise) for a few seconds it might be worth pursuing in my view.

But the MK2 definitely has marketable potential as long as its priced right and up to the point a certain country makes a cheaper copy...

My input would be if you could give it a thin rubber/neoprene outer to protect it and the victims.  That would help it being accepted at sites (most allow rolling BFGs and dropping through windows)

Great minds I'm currently trying to fit it inside an inner tube 😂

It's not going well