Battery Advice

owlsairsofter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, apologies if this has been posted elsewhere (I did look)

I have the VFC Avalon Calibur Carbine & the gun recommends a 11.1v lipo - a crane stock.

The issue I have is it's unbelievably tight on space in there - apologies for the lack of technical knowledge here as battery's aren't my thing - but with a lot of fettling I can just about get it connected up with 1 stick in the centre tube & 1 in each of the tubes to either side but it is such a squeeze as I mentioned & don't want to damage anything.

I've brought a couple of other cranes stocks to try out the they were actually too thick to fit at all. I don't have much length to play with on the wiring side either.

Anyone got any advice at all?

Thanks everyone.

Hey, I have a VFC Avalon Saber Carbine, so not the same rifle but I think quite similar. My rifle uses the VFC QRS stock (which isn't great but hey ho I'll change it at some point when it breaks or something) I've managed to fit these in https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-9-9v-1000mah-20c-life-crane-stock-battery

The fit is quite comfortable and seems pretty safe/secure. One down the middle and then one in either of the side pods.

7 hours ago, owlsairsofter said:

Hi all, apologies if this has been posted elsewhere (I did look)

I have the VFC Avalon Calibur Carbine & the gun recommends a 11.1v lipo - a crane stock.

The issue I have is it's unbelievably tight on space in there - apologies for the lack of technical knowledge here as battery's aren't my thing - but with a lot of fettling I can just about get it connected up with 1 stick in the centre tube & 1 in each of the tubes to either side but it is such a squeeze as I mentioned & don't want to damage anything.

I've brought a couple of other cranes stocks to try out the they were actually too thick to fit at all. I don't have much length to play with on the wiring side either.

Anyone got any advice at all?

Thanks everyone.

You need a battery extension unit. Airtech Airsoft/Airtech Studios make them. 

8 hours ago, Beorn said:

Hey, I have a VFC Avalon Saber Carbine, so not the same rifle but I think quite similar. My rifle uses the VFC QRS stock (which isn't great but hey ho I'll change it at some point when it breaks or something) I've managed to fit these in https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-9-9v-1000mah-20c-life-crane-stock-battery

The fit is quite comfortable and seems pretty safe/secure. One down the middle and then one in either of the side pods.

Thanks for the advice. Is that battery underpowered though? It recommends a 11.1v lipo.

1 hour ago, Krisz said:

You need a battery extension unit. Airtech Airsoft/Airtech Studios make them. 

I did read about those, I didn't find one that specifically said it fitted my gun though. Would certainly get one if it does.

40 minutes ago, owlsairsofter said:

Thanks for the advice. Is that battery underpowered though? It recommends a 11.1v lipo.

I did read about those, I didn't find one that specifically said it fitted my gun though. Would certainly get one if it does.

Yeah I've just checked it. Your gun has a buffer tube with a crane style stock. You can certainly buy slim 7.4v lipo battery with 2 cells which should fit. I wouldn't be fixated on 11.1v to be honest.

Just have a look on component shop. I know they exist I had one before.

Edited by Krisz

Yeah the batteries I have were from the component shop actually, they are 3 cell and it's such a squeeze so I went back to the component shop & ordered what I thought was the same battery but 2 cell and it's ever so slightly wider so won't fit in the tubes. 

The battery extender is the perfect solution but can only find them for VFC's with a different stock.

4 hours ago, owlsairsofter said:

I'm not sure, I'm no tech but I've heard that 9.9 Life's are a good middle ground in terms of power between 7.4v and 11.1v lipos and have some additional benefits like being a bit more hard wearing and easier to take care of. I used the 9.9v at a site the other day and trigger response felt great to me and I didn't have any issues. I also have a slim 7.4v Lipo as a backup https://www.vapextech.co.uk/airsoft-7-4v-1400mah-20c-lipo-battery-with-case-lp051-vapextech - this one, and it fits inside the buffer tube meaning you don't need to worry about the side bits at all. You might be able to find an 11.1v of that slim battery if you have a look

Ok I'll try looking into that. I've been looking at the stock this afternoon, the centre tube that houses the wiring & connector there is so little room in there, I literally have to have everything in the exact spot to get 1 of the 3cells in there.

The other 2tubes besides it are narrow so the battery has to be spot on. 

It's a puzzle haha!

6 hours ago, owlsairsofter said:

Yeah the batteries I have were from the component shop actually, they are 3 cell and it's such a squeeze so I went back to the component shop & ordered what I thought was the same battery but 2 cell and it's ever so slightly wider so won't fit in the tubes. 

The battery extender is the perfect solution but can only find them for VFC's with a different stock.

It's a shame your gun doesn't have that pdw style stock coz it would take a 25 quid extension unit to make your life easier.

You could try to source a Specna Arms crane stock. My old specna m4 has this stock and it has plenty of space.

Edited by Krisz

Yeah it is a bit of a shame, I like the stock on it just the battery situation is a real pain, especially on game days when loading up etc.

Wouldn't be so bad if VFC recommended a battery that goes with it but nothing I can find on it anywhere.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.