Maple Leaf Macaron Bucking

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know if they're OK to use with standard nubs? I know they're usually paired with omegas but in my KWA ERG hop chamber, the pressure applied seems to over-hop 0.28's with no hop applied.

If not, which other nub works well with them?

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• Supporters

whilst they can sort of work with standard nubs, anything without the radial shape of the omega is gonna distort the bucking, reducing the effectiveness of the contact patch.

how bad is the over-hop? if it's minor then jumping up the ammo weight might be worth considering.

If you're going to change bucking, might as well change nub whilst you're at it. The Omega nubs, i've found, are a real pain in the ass to fit due to being small. I've got a Omega nub in my MP5 with the Macaraon 60 degree bucking and it's fine. Can almost sail 0.25g BBs the length of my local indoors site. I've got a Prometheus Flat Hop nub in my Krytac LVOA with the same Macaron 60 degree bucking and have had no issues with it using 0.28g BBs either. I couldn't use an Omega nub in the Krytac due to the way the hop arm is shaped, it wouldn't accept it.

Edited by MrTea

• 1 month later...

You can easily make your own flat or concave nub that both works great and is cheap. Any little piece of scrap plastic filed into shape will work fine, as well as being fitted perfectly to your individual setup.

Supposedly Omega nubs have been having some tolerance issues and aren't all that effective. I cut them out of my builds a long while ago due to fitment issues (fiddly little suckers), but I thought it was worth mentioning.

They're also dang expensive for what they are... and plastic should almost always be better than rubber due to rubber's compressible nature.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.