Advice hpa sniper engine

Mathew.m3mbury

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Entirely depends on the rifle. Mancraft SDiKs are pretty widespread and your main option for most rifles, but there are a handful of other engines for other rifles. Personally, I like the Wolverine Bolt (NOT the Bolt M!) because I think the VSR is the tried and tested best platform (but not my favourite) and that's what the Bolt is for. I have a VSR with a Wolverine Bolt and it's probably my quietest and best shooting gun. The mechanical systems aren't bad, but they're a bit louder (still very quiet) and not quite as effortless with the bolt pull (still very easy).

The other option is to go with a gas rifle like a KJ m700 (my favourite platform!) and HPA tap the magazines, but this is a lot less practical and is basically heresy to me. It's heavier and you need to detach the line every time you change the magazine, unless you handload the BBs like you would a real m700, and you still have a line and tank to contend with.

• 4 weeks later...

Few options.

SDiK is pretty cheap, they go to crazy high J and are usually quite quiet.

Bolt - Very nice but expensive however so - so quiet but they require a battery.

Bolt M - "posh" version of the SDiK

Do you need/have to go HPA or your sniper? Part of the beauty of a BASR is the consistency of that spring and not having a line. You aren't going to get more consistent, you won't get more range, you may get it a bit quieter than spring equivalent but it's the difference between someone being 3M away and hearing you or 6M - not an issue when your engagements are all going to be 30+

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.