Will a TM G19 gen3 outter barrel fit a gen4

Jp-92

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Will the g19 gen 3 outer barrel fit the gen 4 ? Can’t find the gem 4 version anywhere! Thanksssss!! 

2 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

Dont see why not I think the majority of the changes were in the grip but I could be corrected 

Thanks for your reply! I just wanted to try and find out for definite before I buy it as I can’t find the gen 4 version of the barrel I want anywhere :( 

2 hours ago, Jp-92 said:

Will the g19 gen 3 outer barrel fit the gen 4 ? Can’t find the gem 4 version anywhere! Thanksssss!! 

I don't think so but I'm not sure.

Gen4 G17/G19 is different from Gen3 especially internally. For example BBU is redesigned and size of the guns are closer or the same like real steel ones. G17 Gen3 slide doesn't go on Gen4 because of size differences.

Have a look you may ask rainbow8 or other retailers before you buy it.

Gen3
Gen4

Edited by Krisz

On 18/03/2023 at 16:38, Krisz said:

I don't think so but I'm not sure.

Gen4 G17/G19 is different from Gen3 especially internally. For example BBU is redesigned and size of the guns are closer or the same like real steel ones. G17 Gen3 slide doesn't go on Gen4 because of size differences.

Have a look you may ask rainbow8 or other retailers before you buy it.

Gen3
Gen4

This isn't correct.

Yes the BBU and size are different between TM's G17 Gen.3 & Gen.4 but both the G19 Gen.3 & Gen.4 are the newer style.

I can't however speak on the exact parts compatibility of G19 Gen.3 & Gen.4's as I have no experience with the latter.

Should imagine the only difference between the gen3 and gen 4 variants would be the grip patterns, and the larger mag release button and additional backstraps of the gen4.

The production dates between the two versions was small by normal marui standards, and both have the new bbu  which makes me think the changes are cosmetic only.

Compare parts diagrams online. If the gen4 outer barrel has the same parts number as the gen 3 outer barrel  they will be the same.

Or ask a retailer. 

Edited by emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.