Front wired M4 with Perun AB++ (or similar) - what to do with signal wire?

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking about a Perun AB++ for the M4 which is front wired and so the two power cables are on spade connectors so when I take the upper receiver off I can disconnect them and feed them through the gap at the bottom of the barrel below where the hop unit sits. This leaves the fuse and deans conector with the barrel / upper receiver.

With the Perun AB++ there are 3 wires - black and red power (which I am happy putting spade connectors on) and a smaller gauge signal wire - has anyone put a connector on one of these? what size would it need? Is this a dumb idea for a reason I am not aware of?

Worst case I could leave them intact and take the barrel and delta ring off to fully disconnect it if needed?

Many thanks in advance.

Guest Paul E H

I've put one in mu G36c.  Front wired. I mounted the board in the front battery compartment as room for it and easy access. Signal wire I ran back virtually full length. I tagged it to the signal wire with solder. Works perfect. I did put a gold plated bullet. Connector on signal wire  in line (approx above hop as room was tight) so gearbox can easily be removed so not a problem. Use decent solder and gold plated connectors for a good signal.

Fwiw ensure your soldering iron is insulated. Has an earth wired in the plug  and a circuit  to remove residual voltage from the  iron tips or it can pop the circuit on the Perun chip. I was fault finding and Perun  chap got me to check mine.

Good luck

• Supporters
On 14/03/2023 at 14:54, Paul E H said:

Use decent solder and gold plated connectors for a good signal.

Gold plated connectors for a low voltage signal wire that is literally on or off are a waste of money.

On 14/03/2023 at 13:46, SSPKali said:

Thinking about a Perun AB++ for the M4 which is front wired and so the two power cables are on spade connectors so when I take the upper receiver off I can disconnect them and feed them through the gap at the bottom of the barrel below where the hop unit sits. This leaves the fuse and deans conector with the barrel / upper receiver.

With the Perun AB++ there are 3 wires - black and red power (which I am happy putting spade connectors on) and a smaller gauge signal wire - has anyone put a connector on one of these? what size would it need? Is this a dumb idea for a reason I am not aware of?

Worst case I could leave them intact and take the barrel and delta ring off to fully disconnect it if needed?

Many thanks in advance.

I have used 2.8mm spade connectors for signal wires.

Thanks for the info, I’ll grab some 2mm bullet connectors when I order the Perun AB++

More pressing is the missing pinion grub screw from the Warhead motor…apparently even 628 Loctite couldn’t hold it 😳

All fitted and working…sort of!

If I turn on precocking (at any level from 1-8) it misfeeds or fires low FPS shots. 

Same with 2-3rd burst….but turn it off and fire full auto and it feeds fine!

Guessing the Perun and Warhead are arguing with each other? No great shakes as the electronic fuse and protection of the trigger contacts and LiPo is the bigger benefit of it!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

All fitted and working…sort of!

If I turn on precocking (at any level from 1-8) it misfeeds or fires low FPS shots. 

Same with 2-3rd burst….but turn it off and fire full auto and it feeds fine!

Guessing the Perun and Warhead are arguing with each other? No great shakes as the electronic fuse and protection of the trigger contacts and LiPo is the bigger benefit of it!

Make sure you have the active brake turned off.

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Make sure you have the active brake turned off.

Yep, that was the first step in the set up 😁 

Bit of Google-Fu and I found this:

Make sure AB is set to off. Same goes for precocking, perun made their precock feature use ab rather than overspin delay. Brushless doesn't know how to handle it.”

Yeah, that would do it! Guess the burst mode has similar AB during the cycle and gives similar conflicts. Tempted to throw the original TM motor in and see if that plays nice. But that is a job for another day.

Edited by SSPKali
Found new info re Mosfet

TM motor tested and precocking, AB and burst works well. The two round burst with no RoF delay was silly fast and had the BBs flying a couple of feet apart…would make for some interesting bruises!

Warhead HS is as fast without precocking and runs cooler / less amps and a little quieter so will be the choice.

Edited by SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.