MWS semi only DMR or not ?

Jp-92

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I make my mws semi only does that make it a DMR or does it need anything else like a longer barrel or scope to actually classify as a DMR ? TIA 

Depends what you want to achieve and where you play. Some sites will only accept a DMR based on a platform that is 7.62 IRL. If that's not an issue then if you are building a DMR you'll want to think about power level. The whole point of semi locking is to alow you run higher power levels, my local site allows 1.9j for a DMR with a MED of 30M, lots of sites seem to work on 1.6j for a DMR. What power level are you getting at the moment ? a longer inner barrel will generally increase the power level of a GBBR .

6 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Depends what you want to achieve and where you play. Some sites will only accept a DMR based on a platform that is 7.62 IRL. If that's not an issue then if you are building a DMR you'll want to think about power level. The whole point of semi locking is to alow you run higher power levels, my local site allows 1.9j for a DMR with a MED of 30M, lots of sites seem to work on 1.6j for a DMR. What power level are you getting at the moment ? a longer inner barrel will generally increase the power level of a GBBR .

I basically do just want more range from my mws without changing the looks of it, I never use full auto anyway so I was thinking if I could have better range instead of full auto which I don’t use anyway it makes more sense. Thanks for your reply! 

30m is a long way, that MED does soon become a PITA, as I found today when using my bolt action sniper... Thanks in part to my safety catch that seems to get knocked to safe at exactly the wrong times, I had people closing from 'ideal sniping range' to 'too close' in the blink of an eye, and I ended up fumbling for my pistol... at which point I was comprehensively out gunned

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

34 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

30m is a long way, that MED does soon become a PITA, 

It does indeed, When I first started to build my L119A2 GBBR I used a long rail and locked it to semi with an output of just undre 1.9j , gamed it that way about twice before switching to the short version and fitting an NPAS. I just didn't find the extra power outwieged the MED hassle

1 hour ago, Jp-92 said:

I basically do just want more range from my mws without changing the looks of it, I never use full auto anyway so I was thinking if I could have better range instead of full auto which I don’t use anyway it makes more sense. Thanks for your reply! 

Best way to improve range without getting caught up in 30M MED's is to take a look at the hop. Have a look on the MWS thread about what can be done. My WE GBBR's can happily match any aeg for range and accuracy so the MWS certainly should be able to. I never use F/A  either, with 30 round mags it's all about working closer, picking your shots and maybe double tapping

3 hours ago, Jp-92 said:

If I make my mws semi only does that make it a DMR or does it need anything else like a longer barrel or scope to actually classify as a DMR ? TIA 

Yeah semi only, MED on most sites, using a lot heavier BB than your average airsofter. Scope is totally personal preference but it's easier to pick targets than using a red dot.

You should try out first without any modificiaton what your hop-up can lift at what joule. Never had an MWS so I don't know if you can put an NPAS into it. Consistency is probably one of the top priorities when you try to use a DMR.

Edited by Krisz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.