Evri is unreliable

While I agree in general that they aren't the best, by sending a RIF using them you're sending an item which is on their prohibited items list. If you're sending things using couriers educate yourself on what you can and can't send then you're ultimately responsible for what happens to the items you're attempting to send. In my experience all online booking in services have a box you have to tick that confirms you're not sending anything you shouldn't be, given the terms they lay out they're not the ones in the wrong here.

https://www.evri.com/send/what-i-can-and-cannot-send

Edited by alxndrhll

6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

While I agree in general that they aren't the best, by sending a RIF using them you're sending an item which is on their prohibited items list. If you're sending things using couriers educate yourself on what you can and can't send.

https://www.evri.com/send/what-i-can-and-cannot-send

Yeah I'm the recipient. That's a warning to others stupid enough to not bother reading the T&Cs

Just now, EDcase said:

The best carrier that actually allows RIFs is Parcelforce48

This, I’ve spoken to somebody at PF and the 24 hour service is also fine to use and I’ve done so multiple times now.

I've always used express48 as they're the only carrier I'm aware of that say it's ok to send low powered air weapons. 

22 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

This, I’ve spoken to somebody at PF and the 24 hour service is also fine to use and I’ve done so multiple times now.

I used 24h by mistake a couple of years ago

I sent a pistol to a member here and it took almost two weeks to arrive. 
It was scanned and intercepted, as it’s not allowed to go 24h

Just my tupppence

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ShirtLessScottishGuy said:

I know the T&Cs cause I actually read them.

Er, but if you read the T&Cs of any other courier except for ParcelForce 48, you'll find the same prohibition and similar terms.  I'm not sure who's being scammed here.

Stuff tends to get through anyway, couriers don't seem that bothered.  If your sender has been unlucky, well, that's luck, not a pattern.

40 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I used 24h by mistake a couple of years ago

I sent a pistol to a member here and it took almost two weeks to arrive. 
It was scanned and intercepted, as it’s not allowed to go 24h

Just my tupppence

Fair, i had one delivered yesterday via 24. I’ll stick to 48 just in case 🤙🏻

Evri is by far the worst excuse for a courier I have used in the last 5 years. Nothing arrives on time or at all. 

4 hours ago, ShirtLessScottishGuy said:

Do not. 

I repeat, do fucking not send RIFs with Evri.  

They will take it and destroy it or so they say. Either way if they discover it you will never see it again.

PS: I'm the recipient I know the T&Cs cause I actually read them.

The advice stands but the thread title is wrong 

Utterly beyond me why anyone would attempt to send a RIF via Evri, let alone anything else. Feel sorry for the OP getting shafted like that. I hope you got your money back from the seller...

Would like to think most of us airsoft folks are well aware of laws and regulations surrounding RIFs and Couriers' Ts&Cs but there's no accounting for ignorance it seems.

4 hours ago, Groot said:

Evri is by far the worst excuse for a courier I have used in the last 5 years. Nothing arrives on time or at all. 

Strangely enough, I had a package delivered by them today; it was left on the doorstep in full view of everyone, despite the sign on the door requesting that packages not be left outside.

Needless to say, it was not there when I got home.

I had a recent Evri delivery (car part from EBay) unceremoniously dumped in our bin without a "sorry you were out card". It was only when I checked the tracking the next day wondering where it was that I found the photo of said item in our bin... thankfully it hadn't yet been collected otherwise it would have been fed to the recycling wagon. Cowboys.

On 09/03/2023 at 12:34, C-Diddy said:

I've always used express48 as they're the only carrier I'm aware of that say it's ok to send low powered air weapons. 

I've sent and received a few air rifles and pistols, PF48 is the only recommended service to use as far as I know

I've used Evri/Hermes and PF depending on value,there is a FB group dedicated to the thieving bastards,my friend used to work for them ,theft is rife through the ranks and the management don't give a shit. Never had an issue with PF.No help for the OP I know,how did they discover it?Did they say.

23 hours ago, Groot said:

UPS:

Hold my beer.....

Evri stunned me today. I sent pair of trousers with them for £3.50 postage. It was delivered today and I got another email saying it had been sent "out of tarrif". They weighed my parcel and it was 1.2kg when I sent it with 1kg or under service. Fair enough, I didn't expect to be over 1kg so never weighed it. It was an extra £1.36 for the wrong weight class... then £3 admin fee for doing nothing except pushing an invoice with paypal and delivering the package as normal. £4.36 extra in total...

Couple things grab me on this.

Why would the receipient need to read the T&C's?

Why is it the recipient's problem? If it's a business then claim a refund or if it's second hand you'll get your money back as you'd have paid via a reversible form (surely?)

As others have said, PF48 is the only one that on paper will carry a RIF. It's not hard info to find.

Evri are hit and miss, they carry thousands of parcels, there will always be the odd bad driver or parcel that goes astray, you only hear the horror stories as sent an item and it was delivered isn't gripping.

Edited by Steveocee

16 hours ago, MrTea said:

Evri stunned me today. I sent pair of trousers with them for £3.50 postage. It was delivered today and I got another email saying it had been sent "out of tarrif". They weighed my parcel and it was 1.2kg when I sent it with 1kg or under service. Fair enough, I didn't expect to be over 1kg so never weighed it. It was an extra £1.36 for the wrong weight class... then £3 admin fee for doing nothing except pushing an invoice with paypal and delivering the package as normal. £4.36 extra in total...

Not really sure what you’re shooting for here? You sent something incorrectly and got charged for doing so, as is outlined in their terms and conditions. I’m all for railing on companies short comings but this seems entirely fine. When you tick that box that says you agree to the terms and conditions, that’s exactly what you do.

EBB8DB20-4C2E-4909-8FF7-FE06FBDE65B6.thumb.png.e417fb1733520d7f73eacb4d00c47209.png

D5B147B6-6ECF-4477-99F0-0CD9FB80D863.thumb.png.4658bc39fd1592ffe1fc315a13ee9154.png

• Jedi_Master changed the title to Evri is unreliable
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to study with the Open uni so every term start there would be a slew of posts about Hermies/evri....it is not my carrier of choice....for anything!