Gate Pulsar

Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know they've hit UK shores, but has anyone on here had chance to play with the new Gate Pulsar HPA Engine?

Seems like a better value HPA engine with some decent features.

That's a good spot - it looks rather enticing ... from the sales blurb anyway!

I've been thinking it would be fun to put together an HPA gun using one of many existing 'not quite right' guns as a starting point (or buy a new boneyard gun with nice externals). This seems like a good candidate. 

• 1 month later...

Interested to hear opinions on this, currently looking at converting a Specna SA-H06 with the Gate Pulsar and Titan 2, to make a DMR.

It's nice. I picked up the rear-wired version in the second batch and have been working on it for the past few weeks.

I'll confess off the bat that I'm not an HPA expert (AEGs are my thing), and that I haven't had the time yet to tune all the settings in detail and really work on getting the most out of this thing, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

First off, the Titan 2 Bluetooth makes settings an absolute breeze. You can adjust everything within seconds as you test fire, and being able to set the entire range of trigger sensitivity, etc, etc is very nice. Even nicer since you get the T2B included in the package.

Second, having bought the Pulsar for a DMR build myself, I think it fits the bill. The range of settings on the engine itself is impressive. Though the settings aren't conventionally labeled, I'm pretty sure the Pulsar allows you to set poppet dwell as normal, but then also to set how long the air valve remains open, so you can control voluming precisely. Though I don't have a longer barrel or heavier BBs, the Pulsar was easily overvoluming .38gs in a 509mm 6.08mm, at 3.5J, with lots of room to spare.

In my basic, rough tuning I was able to get ~2 FPS, which is in the realm of acceptable, if not as good as I'd like. I can probably get it better though with some smaller adjustments, though, so I'd holding onto hope. In speaking with some of the HPA techs on various forums, I did hear that HPA can actually be harder to get consistent FPS with than AEGs on these adjustable volume setups, which surprised me.

My particular setup seemed to work well with the G&G hop unit and Maple Leaf 85 degree silicone MR.HOP, but of course hop rubber and hop unit compatibility is based on individual setup.

As for RPS, for those who are interested... the particular software patch I downloaded allows you to set the Pulsar up to 100 RPS. Whether the engine will actually fire that fast is another question. The Titan telemetry tells me I'm getting 77, but as I've been tuning on .38gs, I haven't tested that with a chronograph for sake of my wallet.

Overall, aside from some annoying shenanigans with thin solenoid wires, I'm extremely impressed with the ease, adjustability, and performance for the price.

40 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

Overall, aside from some annoying shenanigans with thin solenoid wires, I'm extremely impressed with the ease, adjustability, and performance for the price.

Thank you for all this, I've not used a HPA build, but this has really helped me make my mind up. I think I'm going to stick with AEG, but using the Eon 450fps full V2 gearbox, with Eon hop etc, but it's great to know that the quality is there and that it's what it says on the tin!

😊 🙏 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.