Hello, am new to the forums.

Slater8486

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, am new to the forum and new to Airsoft. 

Am from Lancashire area, I've got some games booked up already and can't wait to join the fun!

Also looking to purchase my first gun, probably 2nd hand, at the moment I like the look of the Krytac SPR or CRB. 

Quite a lot to get my head around at the moment but really enjoying doing the research, watching airsoft videos and I've got a friend who already plays so he's showing me the ropes also!

Edited by Slater8486

• Supporters

Welcome mate, you've come to the right place, word of warning though, be careful announcing publicly that you don't have a license, the ukara police have eyes & ears everywhere & are quick to pounce on offenders. 

download (37).jpg

So endeth the first lesson😏

2 hours ago, Slater8486 said:

watching airsoft videos

Welcome. I wouldn't take too much from youtube videos as they're usually heavily edited to make the person filming look like an airsoft god and give a very unrealistic view of what games are really like.

• Supporters

To be fair, even the edited vids are like watching paint dry lol, if my introduction to Airsoft had been via YouTube I'd have probably never started playing. 

Welcome Slater

I remember watching vids of airsoft play and thinking "that looks so rubbish and the guns sound awful" 😆

Of course when you're there with BBs flying around you its quite another experience 😉

We always recommend renting the first 3 games for UKARA registration because it allows you to experience the weapon handling (usually an M4)

You'll talk to people with different setups and get to hold and shoot some other toys if you ask nicely.  This will help you better decide what you'll want to get for yourself.

Weapon length is NOT proportional to more range so keep that in mind.

Does your friend have a pew you can use?  Of course that would mean you don't have to rent and can play as a 'walk-on' just like him.

First thing is to buy good eye protection.  (Search the forum for discussions on best options)

Second is to get good boots with ankle support.  (Army surplus is perfect unless you want more modern comfort) 

Other gear is highly changeable and you'll collect all kinds of webbing and stuff 

Edited by EDcase

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Welcome. I wouldn't take too much from youtube videos as they're usually heavily edited to make the person filming look like an airsoft god and give a very unrealistic view of what games are really like.

What I like about these youtuber god airsofters that they never die. And then I go to play indoor for instance and die at least a 100 times during a 6 hour session. 😎 Creative cutting is defo strong on these lads...

Edited by Krisz

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the welcome, yes my friend does have multiple weapons and has told me I can borrow some if I like. I've still opted for rental this time as I've invited my brother who will have to rent so we'll both go in the same. 

As for goggles etc I've been looking at the dye masks (very expensive) but seem to be pretty good with the anti fog. This was a problem I couldn't stand when paintballing!! 

As for boots etc I do lots of outdoor activities so I've got good gear like that combat pants/coats etc. 

I have been looking at different guns already and do really like the love of the Krytac range but until I try out different guns I may be wrong with the idea in my head of game styles I would like to play. I imagine this to be a lot different to paintballing. 

2 minutes ago, Slater8486 said:

I have been looking at different guns already and do really like the love of the Krytac range but until I try out different guns I may be wrong with the idea in my head of game styles I would like to play. I imagine this to be a lot different to paintballing. 

I'd say that's the right attitude, I'm  sure I'm not the only one who's liked the look of a gun and splashed the cash, only to find out it doesn't suit my play style. For example I prefer SMGs or carbines as I like to be sneaky and a long gun doesn't help when trying to get through thick bushes etc

16 hours ago, EDcase said:

You'll talk to people with different setups and get to hold and shoot some other toys if you ask nicely.  This will help you better decide what you'll want to get for yourself.

This. Most airsofters love to talk about and show off their kit, in fact it's probably harder to get them to shut up about it

1 hour ago, Slater8486 said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the welcome, yes my friend does have multiple weapons and has told me I can borrow some if I like. I've still opted for rental this time as I've invited my brother who will have to rent so we'll both go in the same. 

As for goggles etc I've been looking at the dye masks (very expensive) but seem to be pretty good with the anti fog. This was a problem I couldn't stand when paintballing!! 

As for boots etc I do lots of outdoor activities so I've got good gear like that combat pants/coats etc. 

Dye or any paintball style mask is no good for proper cheek weld. You need either dropstock or riser for your optics.

Edited by Krisz

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Slater8486 said:

As for goggles etc I've been looking at the dye masks (very expensive)

I've been pleasantly surprised by a Valken Annex MI-7 mask.  The plastic and padding isn't as comfy as the Dyes, but the dual pane lens is decent and - in conjunction with Revision wipes - I've not managed to fog it up - and I'm very good at fogging up eyepro.

9 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Dye or any paintball style mask is no good for proper cheek weld. You need either dropstock or riser for your optics.

Or you cut out the bottom quarter of the plastic.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.