ASG Tri-shot shotgun not loading

TimboBaggins

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I just picked up a used ASG SAS12 "Shorty" shotgun from my local airsoft dealer, I cannot get the thing to fire shot, it will cock, take shot from the shell into the barrel but when the trigger is pulled the spring just clicks like the gun is empty, when I unload the shell all the shot falls out the barrel chamber? I have tried several different shells and still the same result.

I've contacted the dealer but they don't work weekends so wont hear anything for a few days.

I am VERY new to airsoft so please baby step advice for me as I may not understand ant technical terms

• Supporters

Ahoy, Timbo, welcome to AFUK, and sorry that you're licking the fuzzy end of the airsoft lollipop.  That's the tri-shot, right?  I have one, it's... well, mine feeds reliably. The lack of any hop makes it usable only at very short range in CQB though.

I've not had cause to take the ASG apart, but having been inside a CYMA tri-shot that was mis-feeding, I'd say: get it back to the dealer on Monday, and tell them that you've done nothing to it.  I understand the urge to get it working ASAP, but there's nothing user-serviceable in there, and a lot of small screws self-tapped into plastic.  They're harder to take apart and put back together than an AEG.

Just out of interest, does it take considerable effort to cock (it should)?  And are you pulling the pump all the way back, and then is it free to go all the way forward again?  I don't think there's anything useful we can diagnose, as it sounds like an issue with the trigger, not the pump action.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.