Fake PDI barrel?

Piman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Do PDI barrels always have the PDI markings on the side (i.e. .01 PDI JAPAN)? These are GBB barrels for a P226.

I have recently bought some from a UK supplier and there appears to be no markings on the barrel. In addition the window cut is slightly different (has a radius to the angle were as my other PDI barrel are straight cut with a sharp transition).

I am comparing this to a number of other PDI barrels I have with some just recently bought from X-Fire (official distributors).

Can anyone say for certain how to tell?

Thanks

James

• Supporters

Hardly seems worth anyone's while to fake a niche product for a niche hobby, but... Chyna.

I'd assume that whoever "PDI" is has just changed their OEM, or has experienced a bait-and-switch.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Hardly seems worth anyone's while to fake a niche product for a niche hobby, but... Chyna.

I'd assume that whoever "PDI" is has just changed their OEM, or has experienced a bait-and-switch.

PDI is the OEM and they do make premium priced barrels. Prometheus barrels (Laylax/nine ball etc.) had issues with fake barrels going back a few years.

Having recently got known genuine parts direct from Japan that are the same as they have always been I very much doubt they have changed the way they make their barrels. There are a number of small differences that would make no sense for them to change so I am almost certain these are not genuine now.

I have contacted the store where I got them from and am awaiting their response. I will have to see how this goes.

James

very niche product, if outside is pretty similar only way to tell is get a decent magnified snake scope and check out the quality of the polishing, that's where the real cost of inner barrels lies it seems.  I've tried to get my own brand of barrels made, whilst the raw material is super cheap, the polishing cost was expensive.

On 04/03/2023 at 17:53, ak2m4 said:

very niche product, if outside is pretty similar only way to tell is get a decent magnified snake scope and check out the quality of the polishing, that's where the real cost of inner barrels lies it seems.  I've tried to get my own brand of barrels made, whilst the raw material is super cheap, the polishing cost was expensive.

You just keep those ZCl's flowing in buddy. They're incredible!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.