Pulse Rifle

Nick G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As my GBBR pulse rifle build seems to be of interest to a few I thought I'd do a build thread sort of thing.

Bear with me , I dont do 'tech' so the order of posts and pictures might well be a bit random !

I'm starting with a WE Thompson that I've been gifted. It's seen better days and came a cropper when an hpa experiment went very wrong, however I should be able to sort it given time. The upper reciever has cracked in a couple of places so I've ordered a replacement. Untill that arrives i've done a very rough and ready strengthening job with some scrap angle ally. Looks a bit frankenstein, but will hold the upper together for now which means I can crack on and get everything mocked up then fit the repacement when it's in pieces for final prep and paint. 

image.thumb.jpeg.457ca0f3d33ffcf3f2634f80947c7aba.jpeg

What I started with 

image.thumb.jpeg.799ac997e9de6c449ec144951bd0467e.jpeg

Snow Wolf body kit, there are lots of bits in the box !

Very basic strengthening job to hold the upper together for now. You can just see the cracks.

image.thumb.jpeg.01206beca7c0d56b816f7ec870511dbe.jpeg

The puls rifle outer barrel mounts via an aluminium adapter, on the aeg this also mounts onto the hop unit extension. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b4f4485f59edc1705aa445cfd37ab4b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0b6f21163395386c4f07187030414116.jpeg

The holes on the side of the block take M3 bolts that also secure the front brackets to the body. I plan to drill and tap the botom of the block and secure it to the handguard extension on the tommy to help support everything although it seems pretty robust just bolted to the body.

In order to hold the hop unit and inner barrel into the GBBR upper I chopped the mounting lug off the spare barrel that came with the Thompson. This them mounts and secures the hop / inner in the standard fashion. If I had access to a lathe I would have shortened and turned down the outer so it would fit the mounting block in the way the aeg one does. 

image.thumb.jpeg.515e9ece09c2bd2bb164a1bcb9196b31.jpeg

35 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Loving the pics mate 😎👍

regarding the hop/barrel head spacing, I think when I do mine, I’ll just get the original Thompson barrel turned down to fit.

That's certainly the route I'd go if I had access to a lathe. May yet end up doing it that way as I've still got a spare barrel. More for the purpose of supprting the body tbh, everything is solid on the current mock up which is now cycling fine.

9 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Please tell us the round counter is functional? 😁

That's the next thing fo me to take a look at. Hope to get it functional , 30 round mags so it'll only count down to 65 but I can live with that .

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Nick G said:

That's the next thing fo me to take a look at. Hope to get it functional , 30 round mags so it'll only count down to 65 but I can live with that .

I wonder if it’s programmable 🤔

tbh I am going to print a base that will let me run 50rd mags

6 hours ago, sp00n said:

I wonder if it’s programmable 🤔

tbh I am going to print a base that will let me run 50rd mags

The base to use longer mags is certainly a good idea. 

The whole board etc for the counter looks very basic to me, but I'm a complete tech phobe so it might be programable I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome work! Looking great so far. If you need it, or are interested, there are a ton of additional body mods that can be done to the snow wolf or G&P kits to make them look more like the screen version. Just search "Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle mods" on Thingverse 👍

I assume that once you have one of these, the only thing you will see is aliens coming out of the walls

7 hours ago, CoCost said:

Awesome work! Looking great so far. If you need it, or are interested, there are a ton of additional body mods that can be done to the snow wolf or G&P kits to make them look more like the screen version. Just search "Snow Wolf Pulse Rifle mods" on Thingverse 👍

Thanks, yep I've seen that there are alot of things that can be done. It's intended to be a long project so will probably alter over time once I've got the basics done.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest purchase, Zoxna V2 mini launcher.  The barrel diameter is pretty much spot on for the pulse rifle underslung. I'll need to mount the front part of the underslung differently as at the moment it opens to allow battery fitting. Then mount the Zoxna . Will require some faffing about but will be worth it to have the pulse rifle launcher working.

image.thumb.jpeg.8bcfc057f0cc1541519c8959940e6437.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b7750b04835a2346b1330bac84149e89.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6adb98baf5209a87cac1f710ee868d42.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.