M4 Fire selector switch

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've managed to lose the detent spring from my Double Eagle M906C selector switch.  I don't suppose I'll find the spec of the spring I need, so I might as well buy a new selector switch with hopefully a better, more positive, detent.

Here's what I'm replacing...

32213774_Selectorswitch.jpg.54e54427b492bd5cbb1f556d7f6de4fa.jpg

Anyone got a good recommendation?  A lot of the ones I've found on t'web either don't have the through-hole for the screw, or don't show the detent ball + spring to give me confidence they're included!

Is it an ambi selector?

Are you a lefty?

if the answers are yes, no, in this order, then fuck off all the gimmick ambi selector cogs and install a regular switch. I believe all of them come with detent + spring :) 

Yes

No

I could do that, indeed. 

Good ol' Ak2m4 is digging out some tiny springs for me, so I might well get the this one working though.

I definitely see merit in ditching the ambi selector - it adds some rattle and slack to the system that I could do without.   

13 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

it adds some rattle and slack very flimsy, unnecessary parts to the system that I everyone could do without.

FTFY.

Ambi selectors are shit on V2 based guns, it's just the way the gearbox is set up. If it was a V3 you would have had a very, very sturdy ambidextrous selector mechanism.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.