hop up rubbers, what's the real differences

Guest Paul E H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Paul E H

"If it ain't  broke don't fix it..' I really need to take note!

I've got autobot 60 degree rubbers in my G series pistols. WE g18c's and WE g19.

All have ML Hop units H arms and ML stainless barrels.

The fps and accuracy are fine approx 300fps with .25bb's. I'd always like more but rather they kep't  working reliably.

I put a 70 degree autobot in  one G18c today  whilst fault finding  and cannot see a difference in fps or grouping. I understand the rubber is harder the higher the number. But I'm  unsure what differences it  really makes.

Oh and fault finding found worn piston/ring. Much searching I couldn't locate  a WE G18C round piston (some 'D' shaped depending on version) anywhere in the UK online.  ended up buying two bbu's inc piston assembies for little more than the pistons!

With spare bbu's I can look at modding and different pistons without worry of damaging a  'test' bbu. I'd like an alloy or nylon piston with vent holes to pressure  the piston ring to seal like I've seen for some. Trouble is its 15mm diameter which limits choice greatly.

Anyone upgraded pistons in a WE G17/18/19?

Edited by Paul E H
crap spelling

• Guest changed the title to hop up rubbers, what's the real differences
  • Supporters

That's a pretty good question.  Airsoft wisdom says: softer rubbers for cold weather and lower energy (or fps, not necessarily the same thing), harder rubbers for hot weather or higher energy, but I can't say I've seen anyone doing a bench test of different harnesses against each other. 🤔

The only ones I don't touch are 50 degree rubbers as I found the airseal on 50 degree rubbers to be a bit worse. Anything 60 or over though, I haven't seen many differences and largely just put 70 degree rubbers in everything.

Guest Paul E H

I'm getting another 60 degree on backorder. Three 70's and an 80. All autobot.

I'll  try them in the  same gun and chrono/ accuracy  test them when new bbu arrives.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.