whats the best mods for a 4.3 tm that doesnt break the bank ?

willaddy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Are you just upgrading for the sake of tinkering or do you have specific expectations?

If it was me, I would go for a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet inner barrel and 50 degree Flamingo rubber.

Don't worry about anything else until it breaks.

Best mods for a TM 4.3 hi-capa that won't break the bank is...

doing absolutely nothing and leaving it stock. (I had to say it because TM pistols out of the box are spicy)

Outside of that, ML autobot rubber (I like 60 degrees) and a Hadron H-plate. Crazy Jet barrel if you really want, but not necessary in my opinion.

34 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

New grip and metal slide 

purely because that’s what I did yesterday 😛

3A3ECF09-317E-4D21-AD56-279F97EF6B83.thumb.jpeg.65c47a0600791283d59058aeb444c0ff.jpeg50157CB1-6CFC-42CF-A70B-C972DF489D07.thumb.jpeg.7ee345dbdae3f477f35b037fa0b391b4.jpeg

Are these really upgrades though? Chances are the gun performs worse than it did before.

20 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Are these really upgrades though? Chances are the gun performs worse than it did before.

no one really specified , to me and the shelf  it’ll sit on it’s a great upgrade 😛 

• 3 weeks later...

A lightweight BBU.

Everyone says barrel and bucking, reality most of the time even if it's to be used as a primary is you won't be reaching out 50M with it. Most are going to be 20-25M max so barrel and bucking are more "nice to haves" as the TM stuff is pretty decent.

Lightweight BBU though, will reduce the impact stress on the slide (making it last longer) and will make it significantly more snappy and likely a bit better gas efficiency as well as it'll move that bit easier.

Other than that, a good strip and clean now and again and it'll serve you very well.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.