a newbie stuck on whats what

P.788
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

New to the forum, I have two single shot spring action CYMA guns (cheap ones, good enough to get an interest in airsoft) and I have a lot of questions and spinning head motions over what to do...

I want to do target practice in my back garden with a sticky target to avoid having to collect hundreds of the little blighters that I fire. But I dunno if this is a problem, cause I live in the suburbs of Leicester and I'm worried someone might try and get me done for using the guns in the back garden??

Also, I want some advice on Ammo, and guns. Which brands of ammo are recommended? I bought some bb's and they weren't expensive and have thrown a 1/4 of them away after finding the ones with imperfections. Gun wise, my goal is to take part in skirmishing but i aint got copious amounts of cash to play with, so anyone recommend some good affordable guns? i have had a look at just BB guns and they have a wide variety... (also if anyone knows if someone makes a fully auto MP-40 Airsoft then that would be amazing).

also, since I live in Leicester, how do I go about skirmishing? I would love to do it but i don't know any sites, but I think i need to be part of a team?? and I don't know how to go about it.

I have only been shooting for a week but I'm already loving it and after watching airsoft battles on youtube in scotland, I am very keen to get started. I like high adrenaline and action so it seems a good choice :)

any advice will be gladly welcomed, many thanks in advance.

Bruce.

hi bruce im from leicester aswell and we are starting up a team and are recruiting.where abouts in leicester so i can recommend the sites thanks.josh

Hi Josh,

I'm in Aylestone :)

also i think i might need better guns, lol.

I have some camo gear, nearly got most of the Soldier 95 kit.

cheers,

Bruce

Plinking in the backyard:

Get a cardboard box, stick a paper target (print your own) over the open end, fire at the target and you will find all the bb's collected in the box.

BB's:

Get some good quality polished BB's, be them .12g or .2g. They will cost you between £5-10 for about 4-5,000. They will not mess up your backyard plinkers. When using skirmishable guns then ONLY use high quality polished 0.2g or 0.25g BB's (there is a thread ref bb's in this section)

skirmishing:

You do not have to be a member of a team, it is perfectly acceptable to turn up on your own to a site. Be polite and talk to people about their guns and they will chew your ear off with information and advice. When playing ask someone whats going on, where the objectives are and just stick with a few people and go from there.

Guns:

Most sites will have hire guns, but you have to call and book them in advance.

ha ha so am i at the top of aylestone road near the crossroads.and im selling my gun if your interested.and if you go on first and only forums and look for the embassy leicester and look at the game dates.they do rentals guns aswell so its worth a visit.its just off the welford road

• Supporters

Justbbguns? Noooo!

Steer clear, it should be called, "Justhorsemanure"

Try Action Hobbies, Patrol Base or Airsoft World.

Also, with regard to the back garden thing, I wouldn't have thought springers attract too much attention, I blast away with a full auto loud-ass gas blowback M16 and I'm still not in prison lol. So long as you don't have a shared, or open view garden you ought to be fine.

Can't help you with the skirmish sites unfortunately as I'm from Sheffield, but I'd advise you to have a go with the hire guns at whatever site you find, and talk to people, as other's have said, about the guns people there have and you ought to be fine, learn a bit and make an informed decision.

I'd advice a bear minimum budget of £130 for a gun, anything less and it'll break or won't be competetive at all. Unfortunately it is quite an expensive hobby/sport.

Also, my personal advice is, however awesome you think it'd be, don't do what I did and start off with a gas blowback lol.

ha ha so am i at the top of aylestone road near the crossroads.and im selling my gun if your interested.and if you go on first and only forums and look for the embassy leicester and look at the game dates.they do rentals guns aswell so its worth a visit.its just off the welford road

Thanks for that chaps :)

Yes I know it isn't cheap but I am also into Guitars and model railways, neither of which are cheap hobbies!!! so I'm used to expense, lol

I will invest in some good quality BB's.

also, Josh, tried getting to the embassy site and wouldn't let me on last night... but if it's still open even better, as I'm about 3/4's mile from it lol.

what gun are you selling?

Also you know my P.788 shotgun?

I know it is possible to uprate the spring and I do hear you on getting better quality and more expensive guns but you think if I uprate the spring and a few other bits it will be good for one or two skirmish sessions??

I'm already planning a silencer/detachable barrel extension for it. (CYMA make a sniper version with the longer stock and a sight on the top!) I don't mind modifying the gun on the cheap it only cost a tenner anyway so it's not like huge money, lol

(the pistol was 4 quid so yeah that does need a better spring...)

Archived