South London - new to airsoft

ChowYunFat

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I thought I would say Hi!

I have hunted and target shot with air rifles for a while. I thought I would try airsoft as it would combine shooting and team play. (Big Team fortress /COD fan) 

I've looked around and I haven't heard many good things about Bunker 51 - so I thought I'd try Croydon and Incursion. I emailed Incursion on Friday and John gave me a call and we had a good chat, so I'm going to pop over on Wednesday evening and give it a go. I'm not sure that CQB will be my thing, I suspect something more suited to a decent DMR would be more my speed. I also like the look of ground zero - though it does look massive, it looks more my speed - but its a bit of a trek to get there.

I'm looking forward to it and obtaining some gear, so I can mod and tweak like I do with my Air Arms Rifles. I think 6.03 barrel, maybe c-more sight and new hop rubbers - but I'll do my best to be patient and learn what I can while on the forums and playing. 

Also be interesting to see how much sites talk to each other - or if I will have to concentrate on one for my UKARA.  

Hey! I'm in North London and just started playing also! I'm thinking of heading down to Red1 Chiselhurst next Sunday for my first proper skirmish using my own kit. Where abouts is the Epsom bunker located? I think to get your UKARA you need to play at the same site 3 times in a specific time frame, not sure if you can spread this among sites.

Three games at same site 🙂

UKARA is a central register of site membership.

Im aware of a university airsoft club who were able to establish a recognised UKARA scheme for club members attending club games/events at multiple sites 

In theory management with multiple sites could be running a cross site membership scheme, which they could in theory track for UKARA status 

Playing at different sites with different management would be recorded seperately by those sites and would not qualify for UKARA purposes 

35 minutes ago, Beorn said:

. Where abouts is the Epsom bunker located?  

https://www.incursionairsoft.co.uk/epsom-cqb-bunker

23 hours ago, ChowYunFat said:

Hey Beorn,

Im going to Incursion this Wednesday for the 7-11 game if you want to join me.

hey thanks for the offer! I can't get down to Epsom very easily unfortunately but I'm hoping to head to Red1 chiselhurst on Sunday to give my kit its first proper run out

• Supporters
On 19/02/2023 at 19:50, ChowYunFat said:

I emailed Incursion on Friday and John gave me a call and we had a good chat

You've pulled, get your plate carrier. ;)

Ahoy, welcome, and apologies for the UKARA rabbithole.  Yes, a minimum of three games at the same site, over a minimum of 8 weeks (although some sites go with 2 calendar months, and some after 2 calendar months, so it can end up being more like 9 to 11 weeks) in order to get membership and a magic number. It is primarily recording site membership though, so it's entirely up to each site, and always worth asking.

CQB and woodland are indeed quite different.  CQB tends to be more intense with quicker respawns, and more and hurtier hits.  Woodland can be more crafty, although you can spend 10 minutes stalking to the perfect position only to get lit up like a Christmas tree by a rental in trackies.  Both can be fun.

And yes, teching is intriguing, although can be frustrating as there are no real standards in airsoft, just de facto compatibility.  Working on the barrel, hop unit (rotary tend to be better than dial), rubber and nub as a unit is a good start, as worse case you can always swap the stock unit right back in if your fUlLy uPgRaDeD gun is dribbling balls out on the day.

• Supporters

The Depot does (or did) calendar months just because it was simpler for them to look back at your first day and say "same date, plus 2 months".  But with 2 months always being longer than 8 weeks, and them only running every 2 weeks, in practice that meant a 10 week minimum.  The blank stare when I tried to explain that... 🙄

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.