Lambda/DCA GPMG

DerDer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

One for those with particularly deep pockets. Lambda Defence and Dave's Custom armory seem to have teamed up to fill the L7A2 shaped hole in the market. Pre-order up at the site for the sum of £2500.  Will be curious to see how the project turns out.

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/dca-gpmg

GPMG.jpg

every day, i regret not getting the trigger happy version for £450 a few years ago. But £2500 is just silly.

Edit: Also, reports that the Lambda mk48 was a massive POS for the price.

"Unfortunately, I can't recommend that anyone buy one of these unless you want a really expensive wall-hanger: the internals are absolute hot GARBAGE for the price, basically being bog-standard CA internals smothered with grease.

And it comes with that most disappointing of design choices; a proprietary hop unit. I've tried both the Bullgear M249 and PKM hop units, and neither of them quite fit as the standard hop incorporates design elements from both of them, seemingly just to be awkward. And it goes without saying that the hop that comes with the MK48 is the cheapest, nastiest, and shittiest hop I've had the displeasure of trying to use for many, many years.

Suffice to say, I'll be looking to sell mine on at a hefty loss."

Edited by rj1986

Interesting and disappointing at the same time. Remember from reading a thread on Arnies that one user had to remove quite a few bits and replace them. That was gearbox related.  Annoying to spend that amount and then have to switch the internals to Lonex/Prometheus/SHS parts.  That's manageable at a push.

However a crap hop up unit is a deal breaker. See that Bullgear have a unit for the MK48.  Would probably be extremely unlikely that would come out with one for such a unicorn MG as a £>2000 GPMG.

Had a A&K PKM and enjoyed it but ultimately it started to fall apart. The VFC line of Support guns would also seem to be questionable in some of their internal choices. Seems the quest for a nice support gun continues.

The hope would be the price to drop by a good bit later. All the same, would certainly agree as regards some of Dave's pricing. My particular favourite was the >£1000 guns where you would also be charged the guts of a fiver extra for deans or XT60 connectors. 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, DerDer said:

The hope would be the price to drop by a good bit later. 

I like you, you're funny.

DCA custom shop stuff is expensive and stays that way.

5 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I like you, you're funny.

DCA custom shop stuff is expensive and stays that way.

Nothing worse than when DCA is the only option with something in stock in the UK. Not only are you going to pay more for the item than anywhere else, but you're also going to spend a fortune on postage irrelevant of how small (both in size and cost) the item is. Clearly doing something right because they've been in business long enough to suiggest so, but I certainly don't know what it is.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Nothing worse than when DCA is the only option with something in stock in the UK. Not only are you going to pay more for the item than anywhere else, but you're also going to spend a fortune on postage irrelevant of how small (both in size and cost) the item is. Clearly doing something right because they've been in business long enough to suiggest so, but I certainly don't know what it is.

They have a reputation for doing good work which (much like Stella) is "reassuringly expensive". Whether or not that reputation is deserved or not is up for debate of course but you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Some stuff he's not all that pricey for, when I was looking at a HiCapa he was pretty much around the market price for everything. The stuff he resells from TWG does take the piss a bit though.

Fortunately for me I live near enough to DCA that I could just pop in to pick something up if I really needed to.

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

They have a reputation for doing good work which (much like Stella) is "reassuringly expensive". Whether or not that reputation is deserved or not is up for debate of course but you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Some stuff he's not all that pricey for, when I was looking at a HiCapa he was pretty much around the market price for everything. The stuff he resells from TWG does take the piss a bit though.

Fortunately for me I live near enough to DCA that I could just pop in to pick something up if I really needed to.

Entirely reasonable, I guess I forget that many of these retailers have a 'brick and mortar' store which are great for folks to get some hands on before picking things up and just having a mooch... which will almost always result in some sort of purchase.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, alxndrhll said:

Entirely reasonable, I guess I forget that many of these retailers have a 'brick and mortar' store 

In this case, a brick and mortar store in Surrey so high overheads too.

This thread is a good example of why I don't buy anything from DCA :D 

• 1 month later...

See that they are now available in different variants i.e. M240 B/L, L7A2. Also the price seems more reasonable, under the 1K. Although you can cough up an extra £150 for a steel barrel.  About 9kg weight for the standard and 12kg for the steel. Landing date seems nearer the end of the year.

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/dca-l7a2-gpmg-aeg-pre-order

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/DCA-M240-BRAVO-Pre-Order

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/dca-m240L-gpmg-aeg-pre-order

I've only ever bought from DCA once, and that was a cheap part (under a tenner) and I unavailable anywhere else in the UK. It arrived quickly with no issues so I can't really fault them.

However, what puts me off shopping there is the way he acts on social media. Childish replies to anything even slightly negative comments makes me wonder how bad the customer service would be if something goes wrong so I'll go elsewhere if I can 

On paper, these do look like a winner.

Reviews are that Lambda externals are great, but that the internals are made of babybel's. So add a V2 gearbox, a semi normal hop and you should be laughing.

Shame none come with the rail and heat shield as i really like that look. Not that I'd buy one off pre-order 1st batch.

2 hours ago, rj1986 said:

On paper, these do look like a winner.

Reviews are that Lambda externals are great, but that the internals are made of babybel's. So add a V2 gearbox, a semi normal hop and you should be laughing.

Shame none come with the rail and heat shield as i really like that look. Not that I'd buy one off pre-order 1st batch.

They seem to be using an M249 type gearbox so you will not be able to drop in a V2 and tbh the M249 gearbox design is better for sustained fire 

58 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

They seem to be using an M249 type gearbox so you will not be able to drop in a V2 and tbh the M249 gearbox design is better for sustained fire 

Yep, you're right - i just skim read it and saw V2 parts.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the price is a bit high. And yes for DCA isn't anything new. 

But these will be full steel! And alot of R&D has gone into these to be right to the British version, and not just another M240. 

And also about price, my inokatsu full steel was £1500 and that was 10 years ago! 

I then built a full steel L7A2 gpmg from scratch! And I can tell you it cost me alot more than £2k.... 

As for lambda, they are a mixed bag. Some people Rate them, some don't. But honestly I can say the same for most brands. 

I've had 6 Ares Sa80s, and 2 have been a constant issue, yet the rest have been absolutely fine. 

And as for internals, I haven't run a support gun yet where I haven't had to pull apart the internals or fiddle with the box mag to run right. 

• 3 months later...
On 18/04/2023 at 18:55, Darkmikey22 said:

Yes the price is a bit high. And yes for DCA isn't anything new. 

But these will be full steel! And alot of R&D has gone into these to be right to the British version, and not just another M240. 

And also about price, my inokatsu full steel was £1500 and that was 10 years ago! 

I then built a full steel L7A2 gpmg from scratch! And I can tell you it cost me alot more than £2k.... 

As for lambda, they are a mixed bag. Some people Rate them, some don't. But honestly I can say the same for most brands. 

I've had 6 Ares Sa80s, and 2 have been a constant issue, yet the rest have been absolutely fine. 

And as for internals, I haven't run a support gun yet where I haven't had to pull apart the internals or fiddle with the box mag to run right. 

Will they be full steel? Or will they be cast with the option of a steel barrel?

I've just had a Trigger Happy M240 turn up yesterday, with a quick-detach removable barrel and hop unit like the thing, and that'll be being sold cheaper than the DCA version 

From looking at their website, seems to be a mix of aluminum and steel construction.  Then they varying barrel choices.

Part of the appeal is the M249 gearbox.  Also the option of a L7A2 or M240L. 

On 03/08/2023 at 12:19, BenJackson said:

Will they be full steel? Or will they be cast with the option of a steel barrel?

I've just had a Trigger Happy M240 turn up yesterday, with a quick-detach removable barrel and hop unit like the thing, and that'll be being sold cheaper than the DCA version 

Yes they are doing a full steel version. 

Will quick release as per the real thing. 

On 03/08/2023 at 12:19, BenJackson said:

Ah you slag - i think you got the one i was after, and the seller just stopped replying

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.