Gbb pistol not feeding

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got an asg combat master c02, and it's not feeding right.

Mags are fine, and when I slowly move the slide I can see the nozzle is pushing the bbs down instead of into the chamber. I can chamber a round if I push the slide closed hard, but when firing it tends to not feed.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong before I take the slide off and start fiddling?

Here's some pictures to show what I mean. Videos are too big to post unfortunately.

Really bugging me as I don't need an excuse to buy an aap-01 right now 🤣😭

IMG20230215090917.jpg

IMG20230215090954.jpg

Have you taken off the slide and had a look at the nozzle to check for damage ? otherwise is the mag sitting fully home ?

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

Have you taken off the slide and had a look at the nozzle to check for damage ? otherwise is the mag sitting fully home ?

No damage, but it loads fine if I take off the flared magwell or the bottoms of the mags. Guess I'll have to file down the bottoms of the mags. 

24 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

No damage, but it loads fine if I take off the flared magwell or the bottoms of the mags. Guess I'll have to file down the bottoms of the mags. 

Can you just run the mags without the bases ? been awhile since I looked at my Combat master so can't remember (although mine runs green gas mags)

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Can you just run the mags without the bases ? been awhile since I looked at my Combat master so can't remember (although mine runs green gas mags)

I can, the bottoms are just to cover the hex key for the CO2 bulb so they're not needed. 

I'll probably do that. I'm looking at picking up an aap-01 too at some point so the combat master will likely be relegated to display/when I want to pretend I'm good at shooting 🤣

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/02/2023 at 21:09, theSwede said:

You could try placing a shim between the bbu and the slide.

Making the nozzle come a bit further down.

Its a longshot but I solved a similar problem on a glock that way.

Might be worth a try so you can use your magbases.

I'm gonna have to try this, as even with the mag bases off I have to push the mags up about 1-2mm to get them to feed. Not great if I want to use it one handed in an emergency 😂

Just be careful so yo don’t push the bbu down to ”low”. That will give you other problems.

I know some people use duct tape for this.

I use thin plastic.

Anyway it should be worth a shot. It’s an easy mod

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2023 at 12:39, theSwede said:

Just be careful so yo don’t push the bbu down to ”low”. That will give you other problems.

I know some people use duct tape for this.

I use thin plastic.

Anyway it should be worth a shot. It’s an easy mod

Unfortunately I can't get the bbu out, not a clue how to do it and there's no tutorials online as my asg combat master is different to other hi-capas (why do I keep buying airsoft guns with proprietary parts??)

However, I did glue a thin piece of Warhammer to the bottom of the loading piece of the nozzle to test the theory. I had to file it down even thinner, but it worked!

Until the super glue gave out.

I now know that it's definitely the loading nozzle being too high, I just need to figure out how to bring it lower or find a better way to glue the plastic piece to the nozzle. 

Try an epoxy, like Gorilla or Araldite after keying

I think superglue is no good when it comes to the violence of the movement 

Epoxy will be better, but will probably still give out after prolonged use bud

3 hours ago, theSwede said:

Easiest fix though is running it without the magwell as that seems to be the culprit.

Or trying another magwell

Even without the magwell, turns out the mags still need to be pushed up for it to fire 100% of the time.

I've reglued a piece of plastic, but this time I scored both the loading nozzle and the piece of plastic first to give it a better surface to glue. It seems to be holding so far, and feeds a BB every time with both the magwell and baseplates on. I'll probably redo it at some point with some epoxy adhesive, but this will hopefully work for tomorrow's day at Tud. Thank you everyone, I really didn't want to have to get another pistol yet.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.