Upgrade questions

skillfulmmd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I have decided that I want a PDI hop-up unit for my warrior sniper I know that the maruzen one fits the gun but do I need to upgrade or change anything else on the gun to use the PDI unit and where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Also would it matter what barrel spacers I pick for the gun as I plan to get some of them as well.

• Supporters

Not sure on the hop unit

Barrel spacers, yeah, you need to get ones that fit the inner diameter of your outer barrel and the outer diameter of your inner barrel. Look on pdi's webstore for more info, it has loads of information about what fits etc

• Supporters

I'm looking to get PDI hop-up for my Warrior, it takes AEG inner barrels, which have different cutting to the default one in the gun, so you'd need a new barrel.

And if you do get a PDI hop-up, please share with me where you get it from. No where seems to have in stock :(

Ok so after taking my gun apart I have found out that the inner barrel is bent like a bitch, so my question to you guys is what barrel will I need to buy to fit in my gun and also will I need different barrel for my hop-up unit?

This is what I found: http://www.madbullairsoft.com/English/inde...products_id=240

thanks in advance guys.

where is the best place to get pdi stuff as ive looked at lWA.co.uk, action hobbies, airsoft armory, combat south, wolf Armourys and e hobby asia and I cant find em. I do really need it before Wednesday so I can play the evening game.

• Supporters

Apparently bent barrels are common in Warrior L96s..

I'm going to get a 650mm MadBull aeg tight bore for mine to go with the PDI hop-up, and barrel spacers, yeah electrical tape seems to do the job at the moment, so I'll stick with that. Can make small adjustments if needed as well..

Skillfulmmd, do you know anywhere that has PDI hop-up in stock?

And how's the ghillie coming along? :)

Yeah Ill ask steve in the morning I don't think he will be able to help but its worth asking I guess.

@liam porter I'm going to look for the PDI hop unit after dinner tonight and I have finished the base layer of my ghillie I haven't updated the thread with the finished thing but if you go to it now I have it's the last image on the list.

clicky liam

• Supporters

Okay, I've looked. Fire-Support sell them, none in stock (and they told me they would have in stock in 10 days, that was three weeks ago :angry:) and I haven't found anywhere else in UK that sells :(

http://www.x-fire.org/type96/e.t96_chamber.html

There's the official distributor for PDI, doubt it'd be there by wednesday though :mellow:

Also, here's a barrel that I'd recommend for snipers

http://www.x-fire.org/etop/08.html

Choose a barrel that's closest to the length of your stock barrel, it'll have the most accurate results. a 650mm 6.01 will only make your rifle less accurate.

Madbulls are good, but I don't like them because you can't polish them (they're teflon coated)

The theory on sniper forums is that the wider bore barrels are better because the bb will float down the barrel on a cushion of air, with less contact with the barrel and that means the backspin from the hop is retained, so a 6.08 is more accurate than a 6.03, or a 6.01

So as your the resident sniper expert on here I'm hoping you can help me then.

Is the PDI hop-up the best choice or would you suggest something else?

and What barrel would you suggest for my warrior L96 then?

The PDI hop up is definitely the best, the Aero hop up has been reported to have a lot of consistency issues, so the PDI is the only choice. It does take some tweaking from what I hear but the results are the best you can get.

You'll need an AEG cut barrel, I'd go for one of the 500mm PDI 6.08's, or as close to 500mm as you can get.

Also forget hard buckings, just go for a soft one and you'll get more consistent shot placement. The only downside is that you'll have to replace them more often, maybe once or twice a year

Ok thanks for that mate I am much happier now, saying that I need both bits before Wednesday any ideas where i could go and if the 608's are so much better why does the MB .603's always come up in peoples upgrade lists.

• Supporters

Is there a good 6.08 to get, from a UK store, that isn't like £70?

So you can buy .608's in the UK then and I guess im screwed for Wednesday if there are no other hop units other than PDI as mine broke this morning as well as me finding the kink in me inner barrel.

Would I be being lazy by asking for a link to a 608 supplier in the UK please and thank you :)

And I thought everything made by PDI was made of duralumin or something along them lines.

oh and one more thing does upgrading the hop and inner barrel increase FPS if so by hoe much as ill need to cut down my spring if thats the case.

I don't actually know about suppliers in the UK I'm afraid, and PDI do make some things out of duralumin, among other things

FPS shouldn't be majorly different, and definitely not higher than what you've got now

• Supporters

If the barrel is tighter, then doesn't the FPS increase?

Archived