Noob in the Staffs Moorlands

TK421

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all.

I am a noob living in the Staffs Moorlands. I have been into Airsoft for a long time, I had loads of pistols when I was young (41 now!), I am looking to take it up properly now. I am pretty nervous about it as I have no-one else to play with so I will be a loner! I guess the best advice is to just go and do it.

Hi and welcome 🙂

So you played when you were younger? And now you are older and wiser you want to start again.

To be honest you have given yourself the best advice. Just go 👍

It sounds like you are not a complete beginner so you know your way around a gun which is good🙂

People will know if you are new to their local site and a quick 'hi bud nice gat' will soon get you talking and from there you can ask what the setup is, what type of games are played and where is the coffee station. Lol.

There was a new chap at my local site last week who happened to be setting up next to me. it was his first time  there. We soon got talking and we teamed up and played the day together. 

So yeah follow your own advice and do it.You know it makes sense lol.

Good luck,enjoy and call ya hits 👍

Regards 

41 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hi and welcome 🙂

So you played when you were younger? And now you are older and wiser you want to start again.

To be honest you have given yourself the best advice. Just go 👍

It sounds like you are not a complete beginner so you know your way around a gun which is good🙂

People will know if you are new to their local site and a quick 'hi bud nice gat' will soon get you talking and from there you can ask what the setup is, what type of games are played and where is the coffee station. Lol.

There was a new chap at my local site last week who happened to be setting up next to me. it was his first time  there. We soon got talking and we teamed up and played the day together. 

So yeah follow your own advice and do it.You know it makes sense lol.

Good luck,enjoy and call ya hits 👍

Regards 

Thanks Shamal

Many of us started alone but you'll quickly get to talking with others there.

During games most people go their own ways anyway or just tag along with a group and help them out.

i started alone too, used to drive passed an airsoft event sign all the time and i decided to give it a try. im now in the moorlands too, depending where you are in the stretched out moorlands id suggest looking at anzio, a good site and although its changes over time can be seen it still an enjoyable site with a mix of wooded/ greenery and buildings to clamber through. if you end up that way im always happy to meet new faces, most of which are younger than me. 

Hello & welcome!

Definitely just go, I've a few mates who dip in & out so are perpetual rentals, but generally I go on my own. You'll find everyone's there to have fun and are as friendly as you are to them, strike up a convo about their pew and you'll be fine - tough bit's getting people to stop talking once you get them started :)

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Thanks all. I am about 20 minutes away from Leek so Camp Anzio looks like it might be where I will 'break my cherry'!

I was looking at the map the other day and I saw another place very close to my house called West Midlands Airsoft in Tean, Staffs. But when I go to their website it says they are in Birmingham. Anyone know about this place? Has it just relocated?

Screenshot 2023-02-10 at 09.40.04.png

Westmidlands lost a site recently do there might be some mismatch with Google and their own website

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.