WE Glock 19, poor performance, weak blowback

Cipher-032

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, where do I begin?

My good friend has had a WE Glock 19 back when he first started playing. Its now 5+ years old. And has a slightly neglected life.

He got himself a lovely new TM P226 now as a second pistol, and I asked to take his 19 so I can service it and work out its kinks.

So I gave the guns slide, and hammer assembly a full strip, clean and re lube using Super Lube Multi Purpose synthetic. The dog gonads Ive been told and it is rather good!

I used a bit of silicone oil inside the nozzle for a slightly thinner lube as I found that helps bump compression. Certainly did with my SRS when I had that.

I retested it and to be fair, FPS is around 240, 20FPS off my TM Glock 19 but that has a nineball 6.00 inner barrel. But my god the blow back is weak as all hell.

So I tried the WE mags in the TM, and they are fine, nice and strong blow back. 

I tried my TM's Cow Cow hammer group in the WE. And no change, this rules out a weak hammer spring.

Im starting to think nozzle / piston cup seal and maybe a stronger hammer spring? I inspected the nozzle but couldnt find anything totally obvious. Could it been a worn firing pin? But again installing my Cow Cow group didnt change much at all.

It’s the hammer and BBU. All WE’s suffer from it eventually. My personal favourite fix is new BBU plus a roller bearing hammer wheel.

The worn BBU causes loads of friction on the hammer bearing, which in every WE or WE based Glock I’ve owned has been the issue.

Depending upon the wear of the BBU, you might get away with just a hammer wheel bearing

On 10/02/2023 at 13:27, rocketdogbert said:

It’s the hammer and BBU. All WE’s suffer from it eventually. My personal favourite fix is new BBU plus a roller bearing hammer wheel.

The worn BBU causes loads of friction on the hammer bearing, which in every WE or WE based Glock I’ve owned has been the issue.

Depending upon the wear of the BBU, you might get away with just a hammer wheel bearing

Explains the resistance from the slide.

Ill look into a new BBU and hammer bearing for him.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.