JG G3 Bent Barrel

CzechMeOut

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Purchased a JG G3 as a project for £50. I've upgraded it and it's brilliant (rock solid gearbox!).

Only issue is the barrel is bent to the left. The inner barrel is fine (I've actually replaced it) but the outer barrel is bent to the left.

Still getting consistent 430fps (DMR) and groupings but to the left, so I can't adjust the scope far enough.

I was thinking of shimming the scope but ideally I'd like to straighten the barrel itself.

Is this a common problem? Any ideas? Obviously it's all plastic so flexes easily. Looking for the G&G metal reciever but very expensive.

20230131_164935.jpg

8 hours ago, CzechMeOut said:

Purchased a JG G3 as a project for £50. I've upgraded it and it's brilliant (rock solid gearbox!).

Only issue is the barrel is bent to the left. The inner barrel is fine (I've actually replaced it) but the outer barrel is bent to the left.

Still getting consistent 430fps (DMR) and groupings but to the left, so I can't adjust the scope far enough.

I was thinking of shimming the scope but ideally I'd like to straighten the barrel itself.

Is this a common problem? Any ideas? Obviously it's all plastic so flexes easily. Looking for the G&G metal reciever but very expensive.

20230131_164935.jpg

That almost looks like the scope is out of line?

Got any pics from a different angle?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.