EBay. Some rules explained

1967PF44

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Very interesting, thanks for posting that.

This perhaps ties in with the fact that AliExpress seems to have a lot less airsoft content on it than it used to - specifically suppressors, as I'm shopping for a chunky one to stick on my new 416.  It seems Ali only sell suppressor covers now... perhaps they too are restricting them to comply with foreign laws.

5 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Very interesting, thanks for posting that.

This perhaps ties in with the fact that AliExpress seems to have a lot less airsoft content on it than it used to - specifically suppressors, as I'm shopping for a chunky one to stick on my new 416.  It seems Ali only sell suppressor covers now... perhaps they too are restricting them to comply with foreign laws.

That sounds very possible, the guy actually spent a fair bit of time trying to explain worldwide e-commerce licenses, a lot of which was over my head lol, and he spoke a lot about recent civil actions and prosecutions against eBay (he referred to them as significant “law suits”) that resulted in eBay having to tighten up there compliance management of what he called “unlicensed sales” 

Interesting but still sucks that they have to comply to such restrictions worldwide just because of one region. 🙄

Edited by EDcase

Yep, its a shame. I regularly sold my mp5 handguards on there, then they were removed.

Apparently because they will fit the real firearm they are not allowed.

• Supporters

I'd say "God damn California", but I'm convinced that She already has.

Can't buy a toy silencer on eBay UK, but you can walk into a shop in California, steal $950 worth of them, and walk out with no consequences.

Cali is a sinking ship. Let it die, folks. I’m just hoping they don’t bring too much of their crazy here as a result. (Texas, USA native here) It’s literally a max exodus right now.

Interestingly I’ve never had any issue buying airsoft items off eBay, including replicas, fake suppressors, rails, etc, even parts that will fit real rifles.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

(Texas, USA native here) It’s literally a max exodus right now.

I understand that Austin is turning into East Los Angeles. :( 

3 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Interestingly I’ve never had any issue buying airsoft items off eBay, including replicas, fake suppressors, rails, etc, even parts that will fit real rifles.

The UK is a scrupulous rules-follower, even when nobody else is.  We're a nation of park-keepers and curtain-twitching snitches, sadly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.