Paint colour/code for a TM 416

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right had a NRG 416 for 8ish months problem is I bought it from cheapest retailer in the UK but didn't twig at the time they removed the trades. So I have 3 square patches of no paint and bugs the hell out of me. So anyone know what color/type of paint I need and any recommendations for manufacturer?

• Supporters

Black or tan?

Bear in mind that if it's been used, chances are that the colour it was when it left the factory isn't the colour it is now. You might be better off finding an automotive paint matching service and have the paint made or just respray it whatever colour you desire from scratch.

3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Black. Guns is pretty pristine other wise so not wanting to do a total respray.

No matter what you do with painting patches, even if you get a precise colour match with exactly the same original paint then it will be visible that it’s been patched 

Either go for a full respray (of at least that piece of the body) even if that means a couple of light coats on the patch and an overall top coat, or just over the patches as lightly as possible with a black of a similar ‘sheen’

An alternate is to go for a field expedient camo respray, in which case the current paint/patch become irrelevant 

Personally I prefer field expedient camo

sprays over perfect factory finish  patterns

• Supporters
1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Black. Guns is pretty pristine other wise so not wanting to do a total respray.

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

No matter what you do with painting patches, even if you get a precise colour match with exactly the same original paint then it will be visible that it’s been patched 

What he said. Unfortunately, the original gun finish is unlikely to be easily replicated with  a rattle can. Do you have any pics of the patches you want to cover?

37 minutes ago, Lozart said:

What he said. Unfortunately, the original gun finish is unlikely to be easily replicated with  a rattle can. Do you have any pics of the patches you want to cover?

biggest is a cm square. i'd be putting the trade marks back on which would hid the paint variance a bit. 

3 hours ago, BigStew said:

Right had a NRG 416 for 8ish months problem is I bought it from cheapest retailer in the UK but didn't twig at the time they removed the trades. 

Did you not open the box to check? I mean If I received a £500+ gun I would be closely inspecting it and using Distance Selling rules if it was anything less than perfect to send the fecker back.

Anyway - I would send the entire receiver to be cerakoted if you want a 'factory finish'. Otherwise - break out the krylon/halfords camo and DEVGRU/CAG paint the thing for cool kid points. 

8 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Did you not open the box to check? I mean If I received a £500+ gun I would be closely inspecting it and using Distance Selling rules if it was anything less than perfect to send the fecker back.

Anyway - I would send the entire receiver to be cerakoted if you want a 'factory finish'. Otherwise - break out the krylon/halfords camo and DEVGRU/CAG paint the thing for cool kid points. 

muppet here just saw the price when i ordered managed to miss the bit that said the trads were removed. to be honest i am getting to i am bored with it stage and just might flog it on for something different. 

This is so weird, why would the retailer remove the trades from an NGRS and sell it cheaper? On the topic of painting though, I received a quote to do a pistol slide in Cerakote Graphite Black and that was only about 60gbp so I think if you wanted the upper and lower Cerakoting graphite black then it wouldn't be more than 150gbp.

Also, you seem to have a habit of impulse buying without reading, remember when I got that sick deal on XDM.45 mags from you because you thought they were FNX mags 😆 😛

Edited by BreadyC

35 minutes ago, BreadyC said:

This is so weird, why would the retailer remove the trades from an NGRS and sell it cheaper? On the topic of painting though, I received a quote to do a pistol slide in Cerakote Graphite Black and that was only about 60gbp so I think if you wanted the upper and lower Cerakoting graphite black then it wouldn't be more than 150gbp.

Also, you seem to have a habit of impulse buying without reading, remember when I got that sick deal on XDM.45 mags from you because you thought they were FNX mags 😆 😛

because said dealer doesn't want to upset Umarex. yeah that's far too much money. I get drunk and buy stuff i have low impulse control and a short attention and dyslexia doesn't help

42 minutes ago, BreadyC said:

This is so weird, why would the retailer remove the trades from an NGRS and sell it cheaper?

Umarex owns the rights to H&K Trademarks for Airsoft and Rimfire stuff. It means that they can in theory pursue any retailer selling H&K Trademarked Airsoft guns that they did not 'produce'* themselves. It's also why anything other than officially licensed Glocks are not available with most retailers in the US - the outline of the very pistol itself was also copyrighted - so manufacturers produced 'G type' guns that sort of look like a glock if you squint a bit from a distance.

Tokyo Marui stuck the H&K logos on their guns anyway...because they can - there very little in the way of copyright enforcement in Japan and TM only really produces guns for their home market. Rest of world is dealt with by wholesalers and intermediaries that, depending on which the retailer uses, will keep or remove the trademarks.

*Umarex produce nothing themselves, instead using S&T, Ares and VFC as OEMs to produce their H&K models with trademarks applied, and pass the juicy markup for doing so onto the consumer. 

Edited by Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.