Hello from Herts - returning after 15+ years on hiatus

Galvatron

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into airsoft after more than 15 years away from the hobby, albeit having done the odd paintball match for stag dos or work socials during that hiatus but I have to call myself a noob again.

Glad to see the community is friendly as I remembered it though I see much has changed both with defences required for RIFs (no dramas, 3 skirmishes in 59 days for a UKARA defence is hardly a pain) and how much more powerful and customisable airsoft guns have become.

I sold most of my kit back in the day but held onto my KWC Walther P99, which still works 20 years on but that is so outclassed by today's options that I'll be getting something else soon as a sidearm to support the JG P90 AEG I bought a few weeks ago.

There are a few locations in Herts and Beds I'm looking to attend for some skirmishes and get back into the swing of things though at the moment, I'm kitting myself back up.

If I have any questions, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers!

Hi bud and welcome back👍

Check out the classifieds. There is a lot of good kit to be had at good prices.

Enjoy your return 🙂

Regards 

3 hours ago, Galvatron said:

There are a few locations in Herts and Beds I'm looking to attend for some skirmishes and get back into the swing of things though at the moment, I'm kitting myself back up.

Hi, welcome back
I too came back to this last year, after a long lay-off, it's still great fun!
I play up at Milton Keynes, at Special Ops.  If you have good experiences down in Beds and Herts, please do share as I might travel a little further afield for good sites :)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Welcome back... On the Beds Herts border myself, so also go to Spec Ops, although whilst its been shut have  also gone to AWA.  Both great sites (so I'm torn now on what to make the regular).

Shame Sentinel closed as that was a good alternative with CQB and outdoor mixed together.  Wonder if they'll reopen somewhere else?

Welcome back,  just off the A41 so sentinel and refoger where my local sites, with sentinel now closed. As others have said plenty of sites around jist gove a shout out when and where your going might be able join you. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.