Cyma MP5 cm.041j high speed rear sling point

Ajax

Hi all 

Santa was kind for me and brought me Cyma Cm.041j MP5A3 high speed. 

Just getting ready for its first game and I noticed that the rear sling point seems to be weak. I was planning to use single point sling and when I hold the weigh of the replica at that sling point it is moving. 

Do you have any experience of this sling point at the sliding stock to fail? Or am I overthinking?

Thanks.

I personally wouldn't run a one point sling since I ran a one point sling with my Cyma mp5k and it snapped off as soon as I started running and it bounced around a bit. Can't say for sure on your one, but the mp5k rear sling loop is awful.

No experience with the Cyma, but MP5 sliding sling point in general should be fine, there's often a bit of movement, but it can't go anywhere. If you take the stock off you'll see that the sling loop is an L shape with the bottom part of the "L" trapped between the body and the stock mount. You might be able to take up the slack with a bit of electrical tape if it's rattling too much and bothering you. 

The MP5k is a different story, not sure I'd be as confident with that.

You could also make sure your single point sling has some bungee in its design so it's not a hard stop if you drop the weapon.

• 1 year later...
On 21/01/2023 at 12:32, Hatchet said:

If you take the stock off you'll see that the sling loop is an L shape with the bottom part of the "L" trapped between the body and the stock mount

I know it's an old thread but I had a single point sling on that mount yesterday. I let it drop a little too quickly and the mount came out of the rear receiver, and the rifle nose dived about 2 inches into the wet mud. 

I've had my MP5 apart many times and, I think, the mount needs to be inserted correctly. If the tabs that hold it in had been facing forward, instead of rearwards, I don't think it would have been able to come out, no matter how hard it had been dropped.

I cleared and cleaned the barrel to carry on playing but have just spent a while stripping and thoroughly cleaning the business end of it.

If anyone has a spare sling swivel mount, let me know or if you can point me in the direction of somewhere to get a spare I'd be grateful.