Aliexpress and going 'manufacturer' route

kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So as previously posted, Aliepress thanos'd 90% of their airsoft based offerings.  which included a handguard i was eyeing up.

I have found a website, supposedly the manufacturer....  it has add to basket buttons, but im too internet paranoid about buying off sites i dont know... would this be considered sercure? has anyone else found and ordered from them directly before?

www.trirock-tac.com

https://www.trirock-tac.com/pid18241792/Trirock-NSR-Lightweight-Tan-FDE-12-inch-One-Piece-Style-AR-15-System-M-LOK-Free-Float-AR15-Handguard-with-steel-barrel-nut.htm

one of the two i was looking at

Edited by kasaran

Looking at their 'About  Us' section,  they accept PayPal.  You can check their ISO registration if you want more reassurance but I would think that you're fine.   

Trirock operate as an Amazon Seller in the UK - whilst more expensive, some of the product range is available is fulfilled in the UK and next day if you are a Prime customer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=merchant-items&me=A1U4QU6OMEB9GE&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&qid=1673688995&ref=sr_pg_1

TBH, I'm in the market for a 7in MLOK NSR Rail - I am tempted to take a punt at ordering from them directly.

7 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Trirock operate as an Amazon Seller in the UK - whilst more expensive, some of the product range is available is fulfilled in the UK and next day if you are a Prime customer.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=merchant-items&me=A1U4QU6OMEB9GE&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&qid=1673688995&ref=sr_pg_1

TBH, I'm in the market for a 7in MLOK NSR Rail - I am tempted to take a punt at ordering from them directly.

Sadly all their tan/fde 12inch rails are temporarily unavailable on amazon at the moment.  i have noticed them come and go for reasons unknown, as they sit on my wishlist.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZCJRX8Y/?coliid=I253TVB0RKWJU1&colid=11ZS9YX4W5Z47&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

its annoying as they seem quite reasonably priced.  if you do order from them direct let me know how it goes?

On 14/01/2023 at 23:10, ak2m4 said:

Site looks pretty legit, I think I'd be more worried about thread compatibility.  When I used to sell these mlok and nsr rails I had nothing but issues with them.  In the end I was lucky to stumble across a manufacturer who did a barrel nut with 2 different threads. 

Oh? Was hoping to put it onto an e&c receiver. Any experience with those for compatibility with the nut supplied with it?

So would the clamp style ones be better?

38 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

I don't think it will work since barrel nuts are all different

These are all imperial threaded barrel nuts, made for real AR15s (and probably GBBs), when they were available on AliExpress you could choose an Airsoft spec (metric) barrel nut.

Maybe they have it somewhere on the website.

• 3 weeks later...

I notice they include full specs for the barrel nut threading, etc, so I think it’s very possible you could find a way to fit it. I’m googling now, since I’d love a 10” rail for my Arcturus.

2 hours ago, Stevobeavo said:

I emailed them about Airsoft barrel nuts and they replied saying they currently on do real steel threaded barrel nuts. 

A great sadness

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.