I have decided to run a poll

AirsoftEclipse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What is everyone's GO-TO when it comes to airsoft?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. MAKE YOUR DECISION...

This poll will indicate peoples preferred choice of weapon when it comes to airsoft. 

Whether i be Reliability or FPS i want to know everyones opinion on this matter.

• Head Moderator

My TM Mk23 uses gas, but is Non-blowback. Sometimes that is all I run in CQB. Other times it is my secodary after my AEG.

As a poll, very broad brush.

• Supporters

Primaries: 90% aeg, 2 gas shotties, & a pile of spring snipers & shotties.

& half a dozen GBB pistols as secondaries. 

But, as soon as a game day rears its ugly head, its always what aegs I'm gonna take that come to mind, after all they're generally no fuss & rarely miss a beat (as long as I remember to charge the batteries lol) 

AEG for me.

I only have one gbb primary but it very rarely gets used.

I voted AEG as that's what I've predominantly (99.8%) used in the past, but I have a Tippman HPA that I think may become my primary once I get the range and accuracy dialled-in.   It's just so fun to shoot.  Just as my TM Hi Capa is.   Consequently my next purchase might be a gas rifle (but then again it might be an electric MP5 or G36 if a bargain turns up)

No option for gas NBB! I feel marginalised 😭

In ideal conditions (basically as long as it's not chucking it down with rain), my main gun is a gas sniper rifle that I run at either 1.1J or 2.3J depending on the time of the year and thickness of the foliage at my local site as I have setups for both powers. Alongside this I will usually run a GBB mp9 or my HK45 in a leg holster and I want to get a TM LCP to run in a shoulder holster, but make do with a mk23 for now for silent close range pews. My main regular rifleman style rifles are a TM MWS and AKM, so both GBBRs and I have SR-25 and m21 AEGs and a mp7 AEP for when conditions get craptastic for any of the aforementioned. GBBRs are way less practical in airsoft, with the heavy mags that only hold 35 BBs each, but I absolutely love how they feel to shoot and love the immersive aspect of actually having to reload and make sure the bolt is cocked for them to shoot. If I could get GBB versions of my SR-25 and m21 (that don't suck) I totally would, but the VFC SR-25 was a limited run and the WE m14 has issues (though I still might get one...)

However, I'll choose GBB as it's the closest option (and is pretty close all things considered). I used to be all about HPA but the line and tank annoyed me and my setups decided to have issues recently so am angy with them. Plus, I think my gas m700 performs better than my HPA VSR, though it takes a lot more work and tweaking on the day to make sure it's firing where I want it to.

14 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Should also include overpriced second hand springer sniper rifles too. Cus then you’d have my opinion. 

please advise the changes :)

10 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

I have been known to just carry pyro. A lot of pyro…….

I like your thinking. There's no such thing as too much pyros

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I like your thinking. There's no such thing as too much pyros

Try telling that to James (formerly*) of Enola at Paintfest/Airfest when I had prepared a revised format for the killhouse game on the first morning.

Traditionally Enola and mornings do not go well unless they are snowboarding 

I had a good idea on my needs for smoke, as this hangs well in the kill house, so that was an easy one - I’ll have those for setting atmosphere, some of those and some of those

Bangs were a different matter, with early morning zombified James and me trying to work out “We went through x before with y people, but I’m also planning to do this and might do a bit of that….”  
James hands me a case and tells me to go away 

Some of the pyro gets handed out to players, but most is for game atmosphere & manipulation (eg forcing players around the CQB maze towards each other)

James then panics on the £s he’s just given away, freaking that at any minute I’ll send a runner over for more, plus the fact that we have another days sessions to follow …. Am I going to turn up for the same again?

If you look up ‘relief’ in the dictionary you would see a photo of James face when I return late afternoon with a case of flashbangs, most of the contents still

there, and even better when I tell him “I’ve hung onto a few which should last for tomorrow - I’ll send one of the guys if we run out”

* ‘formerly’ being unrelated to this, he left Enola voluntarily for other pursuits 

(Unless the general stress of Adam and my event pyro ideas got too much)

If i want to win. AEG

If i want to have sweaty fun in an urban or cqb environment. GBB

Biggest issue with airsoft (If you say it isnt so. You are a liar or you just never actually shoot anyone.) is that it often takes a number of BB's to hit and make a target take their hits.

Especially when range and brush is involved. 
Which is why i rairly use my GBB when there is any chance i am going to need to shoot through a bush or engage at range. 

I would rather run my PTW and carry 7 x 120 round mags and just get more kills. 

On 06/01/2023 at 19:21, Rogerborg said:

What will you be doing with this information?

I'm guessing fuck all, apart from trying to push up his post count

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

I'm guessing fuck all, apart from trying to push up his post count

Great guess but no. Out of curiosity I’m interested to see what other people’s views are on types of systems and how good they are with the likes of weather and temperature… 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.