BBs in bulk

Pollynator_bravo2

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all,

I am trying to find a good bulk buy of bbs. I used to buy from Valkyrie and I never had any issues however it appears they do not have the .25gs in stock or they have given up trading as the links no longer work on their store. They have some bio ones but they are more pricey and I don’t currently have the need to move into bio. 
Any ideas on what else to try for a bulk buy?

merry Christmas 

4 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Used to be able to buy bulk from Taiwangun

IMG-20210618-WA0000.jpg.64ca22fdcc095a17baafe97ca08c7e99.jpg

But no more... 😖

Those were the days!  For some reason, my Hurricane SR47 would not feed their BBs; every other gun loved them, but not the SR47.

Airsoft World.net used to do them in large quantities but, appear to only list the black ones now which are out of stock: https://www.airsoftworld.net/asg-devil-blasters-0-20g-bbs-100-000-bulk-box-of-black-invisible-bbs.html

3 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I bought 20 kg warhead 0.32 bb,  test so far they are very good

But what would happen if you bought a 20Kg bag and found they were wank?

Surely you would buy a small pack to test first before going balls-deep bulk buying? - otherwise you could be left with 19.95kg of useless plastic. 

On 09/01/2023 at 16:52, Speedbird_666 said:

Surely you would buy a small pack to test first before going balls-deep bulk buying? - otherwise you could be left with 19.95kg of useless plastic. 

Sometimes you gotta go balls out lol

On 09/01/2023 at 16:52, Speedbird_666 said:

Negative Airsoft is in love with them so they must be good ;)

Seriously though they've got a very good rep, and the 32's and 28's I bought were spot on (and I noticed quite a few players furtively looking at the bags due to the Warhead name and logo), but it's hard to get a really poor BB unless you spend peanuts on them.

14 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

Negative Airsoft is in love with them so they must be good ;)

Seriously though they've got a very good rep, and the 32's and 28's I bought were spot on (and I noticed quite a few players furtively looking at the bags due to the Warhead name and logo), but it's hard to get a really poor BB unless you spend peanuts on them.

I might try a 5kg bag out. Been quite enjoying Geoffs recently but could do with restocking my stash.

I’ve got my next game in the 22nd. I’ll judge then but some of the lads on the team have also brought some so I should get a good bit of feedback. Might even stick some through a gun today/tomorrow

I've not long had a delivery of Warhead 0.32's. One of the lads swears by then as well. Should also be giving the a testing out on the 22nd, as well as a few others!

• 1 month later...

Just tested all the BBs I own in my new (to me) TM M733. 300mm polished brass barrel, Macaron 50deg rubber, shooting 320fps on 0.20g.

RIF was clamped, and some warm up shots fired and hop set. 10 shots fired at 10m and the diagonal of the box around the hits measured.

*Warhead 0.28g - 43mm (30x30mm box!)

Longbow tracer 0.30g - 45mm

**Greendevil Bio 0.30g - 46mm

Warhead 0.32g - 50mm

***Geoffs Super Precision 0.32g - 54mm

Amoeba 0.30g - 72mm 

While it can easily over hop the heavier ammo the M733 likes 0.28 - 0.30g BBs and the Warhead ammo seems really consistent AND a good price! 

When I can be arsed I’ll check them in my MWS and see what results I get :)

Obviously this was in my gun, with all the quirks and varied performance - YMMV

* - Polishing the barrel with cleaning rod and Autosol dropped this from 51mm!

** - Spartan Airsoft specific
*** - best in test for my MWS with CrazyJet barrel

CA7F2973-B437-479E-A165-3EC50FEA094C.jpeg

Edited by SSPKali
Added photo

• 5 weeks later...

Managed to get the TM MWS (Laylax hop arm, TM bucking, CrazyJet 250mm barrel, ASG Ultrair ~270fps) out today and test it with Geoffs Super Precision 0.32g (previous winner) vs Warhead 0.28 and 0.32g

Gun clamped and held firm (heavy recoil buffer fitted!) and 10 shots at 10m.

All the brands / weight were within 3mm variance in the box diagonal measurement!

Safe to say the Warheads were leaders in cost/shot even with the postage included. All managed to hit a 50mm circle consistently and sent multiple shots through the same hole so plenty good enough for hitting elbows or knees poking out of cover 😂

Is there a best practice for handling Bio BBs? A while back I bought a bag at my local site. It was fine in the morning but started badly misfeeding in the afternoon. Someone mentioned that the breakdown process starts when bio BBs are exposed to moisture and start to swell in size. Should I avoid touching bios directly? Use a scoop? That kind of thing?

I wouldn't have been surprised to hear all that a few years or even months ago, but I seem to have been blessed with all sorts of ammo that actually feeds reliably in a number of different guns.

I'd now be rather shocked if handling Bio BBs did anything to them unless you soaked them in water, left them in the sun, dropped them on the soil and then stamped on them a bit.   When BBs degrade they actually shrink rather than expand, according to an article I read that had been published by one of the manufacturers.   

But of course (1) the tolerances in a tight bore barrel are very fine and (2) one piece of sales puffery on the internet does not equal a scientific fact  ;)
If you had moist balls, I wouldn't be trying to force them up some tight pipework, that's all I'm saying.

Keep them out of direct sunlight and keep 'em dry and clean, but there's no need to get OCD about them

18 hours ago, Herrgh said:

Is there a best practice for handling Bio BBs? A while back I bought a bag at my local site. It was fine in the morning but started badly misfeeding in the afternoon. Someone mentioned that the breakdown process starts when bio BBs are exposed to moisture and start to swell in size. Should I avoid touching bios directly? Use a scoop? That kind of thing?

I’m led to believe that bios do their stuff about 3 millennia faster than non bios

so a couple of weeks in an opened bag, then handled before being spat out a tube an hour later will make no difference. 
Maybe if you opened them just as your spacecraft entered a Black Hole, and you popped out an hour or so later….

It’s a Shame Hawkins isn’t still kicking about to help us out 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.