VFC’s M3 unboxing - 4UAD Smart Airsoft

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Having used the real steel a few times, this does nothing for me, glorified m203. 

Don't get me wrong, great prop for scenario driven games but the idea of carting it around for regular gameplay sounds like hard work for very little benefit. 

I'd have a "66 though 🤔

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

It has the ability to fire TAGs. So not completely useless

Yep, exactly what I had in mind, for example imperium at Faversham run some armoured vehicles in games, be cool to ne able to put them out of play with a Charlie G😁

Mate and I have used an RPG at some Nam and Cold War games, great fun, some people get twitchy about TAGs though

• Supporters

I know some MilSims this side of the pond have dedicated AT classes, that cant use 203s. 203s are anti-personnel only, while the AT role must have an actual launcher and can knock out vehicles. So its neat for that. Otherwise, as said its for the memes as a glorified, heavy 203.

*edit: after watching the video it seems *really* heavy. The thuds on the table and the shower huffing when lifting it makes it even less ideal. Still, as Deepfire showed, people love their heavy weapons.

I've been trying to order / preorder one of these for the last few weeks, called literally every UK retailer none of them seem aware of it nor interested in taking my money to get one.

It's been a real painful experience, I'm trying to support you (UK retailer network) but it's just SO much easier to order from Hong Kong. 

2 hours ago, tBG_Geoff said:

I've been trying to order / preorder one of these for the last few weeks, called literally every UK retailer none of them seem aware of it nor interested in taking my money to get one.

It's been a real painful experience, I'm trying to support you (UK retailer network) but it's just SO much easier to order from Hong Kong. 

I would try KIC.tw - they are pretty damn good

• 4 months later...

Finally managed to source one myself. Tag round testing this weekend, I don't see why it'll be a problem.

PXL_20230421_164359941.jpg

PXL_20230421_163907869.jpg

PXL_20230421_163923352.jpg

PXL_20230421_163941845.jpg

PXL_20230421_164041324.jpg

PXL_20230421_163954055.jpg

PXL_20230421_164115372.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You are correct hitman they didn't as standard, which blew my mind but not my tag rounds...  Thankfully i've managed to design (after afew test runs) and machine myself up both of firing mechanism components (one on the side of the missile and another on the inside) to make it fully funtional now. 

8 hours ago, tBG_Geoff said:

You are correct hitman they didn't as standard, which blew my mind but not my tag rounds...  Thankfully i've managed to design (after afew test runs) and machine myself up both of firing mechanism components (one on the side of the missile and another on the inside) to make it fully funtional now. 

Be a Proper Chap, and get a video of it doing it’s thang to tease us 😉

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2022 at 20:29, Tackle said:

Having used the real steel a few times, this does nothing for me, glorified m203.

Absolutely this. It looks great, and the ability to use TAGinn with some mods is a nice selling-point... but ultimately it is an oversized overweight M203 (IIRC it's 4.1 kg w/o the scope rail), and that's not even considering the cumbersome and lengthy reload time (Venturi lock, open hinged breech, remove shell, unscrew shell end cap, replace grenade in the shell, reinstall shell end cap, rotate end cap to firing position, insert shell into breech, close hinged breech, action Venturi lock 🥱)

There is an undeniable coolness factor though, and the giant Titan cartridge looks great and holds a lot of gas, but at ~£120 for a shell + cartridge, additional "big" ammo is pricey

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TacticalWaifu said:

Absolutely this. It looks great, and the ability to use TAGinn with some mods is a nice selling-point... but ultimately it is an oversized overweight M203 (IIRC it's 4.1 kg w/o the scope rail), and that's not even considering the cumbersome and lengthy reload time (Venturi lock, open hinged breech, remove shell, unscrew shell end cap, replace grenade in the shell, reinstall shell end cap, rotate end cap to firing position, insert shell into breech, close hinged breech, action Venturi lock 🥱)

There is an undeniable coolness factor though, and the giant Titan cartridge looks great and holds a lot of gas, but at ~£120 for a shell + cartridge, additional "big" ammo is pricey

Personally I'd rather have a '66, same effect but much less cumbersome. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.