Is my nozzle misaligned?

KraftaN

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am pretty new to Airsoft so this might be a stupid question but is this nozzle misaligned? From what I've seen the nozzle should be all the way through, not half like this. Since I don't have another airsoft gun I can't really crosscheck this, but on my gun when I load a new magazine, the first shot will always be a dry fire, then a BB will be stored in the hop-up like you can see in one of the pictures. I checked and when I wiggle the gun the BB moves slightly in the inner barrel. If it has been misaligned (and I've shot at least 2000BBs through it) could it have been damaged due to this?

And if it is misaligned how hard would it be for myself to fix, or should I contact the retailer (Taiwangun).

Also, another note: I bought the gun only like 2 weeks ago and I've only played with it once.

Airsoft gun AT-NY06 Sword Carbine LITE Mosfet.

20221207_223522.jpg

20221207_223415.jpg

20221207_225025.jpg

• Supporters
11 hours ago, KraftaN said:

the first shot will always be a dry fire

Also completely normal.  Notionally you can get more consistency by using a smart mosfet that applies aggressive active braking or pre-cock but in practice, the gears are going to stop where the gears are going to stop.  As long as you're getting one shot per trigger pull (on semi, after the first dry fire) then it's fine.

10 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Honestly it's fine. Nozzles normally end up in random places. It's not a problem. 

Oh alright, thank you!

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Also completely normal.  Notionally you can get more consistency by using a smart mosfet that applies aggressive active braking or pre-cock but in practice, the gears are going to stop where the gears are going to stop.  As long as you're getting one shot per trigger pull (on semi, after the first dry fire) then it's fine.

Thank you! I'll take a look at smart mosfets.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, KraftaN said:

Oh alright, thank you!

No problem, and none of these are stupid questions.  We've all had to learn this one way or another.

23 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Why is the BB green?

Are you using quality BBs?

Well, they were the only .30 bio BB my local store had in stock, and let me tell you, they are a pain in the ass. It is so fucking hard to spot them in order adjust hop-up. I'll never make that mistake again...

• Supporters

I bought a batch of KILO9 green BBs a while back, they were unusable, being so undersized that they wouldn't hop at all - I was convinced that all my guns had suddenly developed hop problems. :D 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.