I think i did a thing......DYE and FAST

Point Two Balls

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

After mulling over the eye pro, face mask, helmet, hat dilema, I think I did a thing.....

I removed all the interior and the straps of the Nuprol FAST helmet, swapped a few screws around so they didn't scratch the DYE lens and put the DYE strap around the back of the helmet, and it all seems to work and stay in place by only using the adjuster on the back of the helmet - no chin strap required.

Not committed to cutting off the straps yet.

Looks pretty stealthy to me...

Pat. 

IMG_4443.jpg

Edited by Point Two Balls

Looks good, hopefully you don't have any fogging issues now the top air vents on the mask are covered under the helmet!

Dye goggles are known for their ventilation, including their small size in comparison to others

The blocking of tip venting is one factor and the wrapping of the head with the combined helmet / goggle is another 

We are all different and we all affect goggles in different ways with our breathing and general ‘head heat’, sweat etc

A fan will assist if there are issues  (or even ‘air conditioning’ which I’ve heard of a few times in recent years)

My concern with this would be the straps with the comments about removing helmet straps and using the goggle strap around the helmet body.

I would want to see assurance with regard to security of the face protection on the head, my compromise would be to require use of the chin strap

3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

If he does he can just install an ex-fog

I've never seen an ex fog in the flesh, so would there be enough room to fit one?

I'm asking out of curiosity rather than being argumentative 😂

43 minutes ago, leadly said:

I've never seen an ex fog in the flesh, so would there be enough room to fit one?

You can stick one in a counterweight pouch and velcro to the back of the helmet, then run the airflow tubes internally (through the bump helmet vent holes) to the goggles.

*Edit* Something like this:

image.png.57b153b3f26e731bb7109907772c5d12.png

Edited by Speedbird_666

Hi.

My helmet has the adjuster on the back of it and locks on pretty tight to my head.

And I'm lucky that I don't really get a sweaty head and couldn't even steam up my cheap Raven mask.

Cheers,

Pat.

On 05/12/2022 at 18:39, leadly said:

On 05/12/2022 at 19:22, Speedbird_666 said:

You can stick one in a counterweight pouch and velcro to the back of the helmet, then run the airflow tubes internally (through the bump helmet vent holes) to the goggles.

*Edit* Something like this:

image.png.57b153b3f26e731bb7109907772c5d12.png

I've done this and made a custom mount for a cap as well that works well so far even though I just use shooting glasses and an ND tactical lower facemask

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.