VFC GBB M249

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now this could be awesome. There’s been talk for ages of a gas M249, but it looks like VFC have actually got one ready to go. Yes, VFC internals leave a lot to be desired, although they are much better now than they were, and it would have been better if TM or GHK were to release one, but beggars can’t be choosers. At least VFC are willing to diversify and not just push out a new style AR-15. The only downside is that it says it’s a lightweight blowback. I’m guessing that refers to the weight of the gun as opposed to the weight of the recoil. I know an M249 is a heavy gun, but for realism I’d prefer the heavier weight.

7A14A346-378F-4B5B-B260-0D0A7BC77552.jpeg

I read the “lightweight recoil” the opposite way around to you. Not that it will be like the “featherweight” 249’s in terms of build, but the recoil it’s self will be light weight, probably for efficiency so it can get through a full magazine

What about the A&K one which was made? 

31 minutes ago, Whats said:

I read the “lightweight recoil” the opposite way around to you. Not that it will be like the “featherweight” 249’s in terms of build, but the recoil it’s self will be light weight, probably for efficiency so it can get through a full magazine

Yeah, the lack of a comma after lightweight would suggest they mean the recoil, but I’m not totally sure which way they mean it. I guess we’ll find out more when they release more details. There’s a YouTube video coming out soon by the looks of it and VFC usually do quite a bit of social media coverage on their new releases. As a collector I think I’d rather a more realistic weight with a lighter recoil than a lighter gun with heavier recoil. There’s always the potential for after market parts to increase the recoil.

30 minutes ago, Rollade said:

What about the A&K one which was made? 

There’s been a fair bit of talk over the last couple of years of either a GBB M249 or a drop in kit for existing M249’s, but I’ve not seen anything come on the market. I’m guessing this is a promotional video as proof of concept or something like that, but definitely not something that was released to my knowledge. I may be wrong, but I would have thought that if A&K had released a gas M249 there would have been reviews and discussions around it.

I was devastated they never followed through with it 

I think a support weapon with an internal tank is never really going to take off (sorry GHK RPK).  Sure, the RPK is cool and all but it's kind of a weird middle ground where you can't really do proper suppressing like you could do with a belt fed.

A support weapon really needs to have remote line for air/CO2 to be viable imo.

Actually VFC internals these days are excellent, and I speak from buying their G3 and FAL recently and being a completely GHK fan boy.  I am quite excited by this.

58 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Actually VFC internals these days are excellent, and I speak from buying their G3 and FAL recently and being a completely GHK fan boy.  I am quite excited by this.

You’re right, they are much better. I’ve had the G3, the M110, 733 and I’ve still got a couple of 416’s and a 2nd gen MP5 and have had no issues whatsoever. I love VFC’s stuff and that they are willing to make stuff that other manufacturers aren’t. My main concern really is whether U.K. stores will stock them. I spoke to a few stores a while back about the prospect of getting the M110 and for the most part the answer was no because they didn’t want to take a risk on VFC due to their reputation for poor internals. Hopefully some stores will stock this, but nowhere in the U.K. has had the G3, M110 or FAL available for ages, if at all, and at the price I’m imagining this will be, I don’t really want to risk trying to import one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Clpv19NyMJd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

A short shooting vid and a look at the stick mags.

Edit - A field strip too which is cool.

I‘ve seen this is going to be compatible to the FAL in terms of price…not holding my breath though.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

So the stick mags load in the top cover, 100 rounds due to spring tension but with a motorised loader it’s 170.

All external mags are power source’s, choice of gas or C02…only comes with a STANAG so the nutsack / 200 rounder are extra.

Target for release September 2023.

They also have a GBB HK53 on display 😩

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

• Supporters

Price seems pretty good - Asia price was said to be about $660 USD. STANAG included, box options are sold separately. 88g C02s require the 200rnd box mag and can be used in single or double configurations. Bolt itself is lightweight but appears to give OK recoil. Not Daytona recoil, but more than NGRS. Can use STANAG 12g mags, 100rnd mags, or 200 round C02 mags for gas - the square tank is for GG in the 200rnder. It looks like it will be feasible to HPA it as well. Two barrel lengths, three stock options, four handguards. Theres a mechanism attached to the bolt that rattles the dummy rounds as well. Combined with their new MP5, K2 series, PPKS, and M110a1 coming out (all GBB I believe) theyve got a decent list of things to come next year.

HK53 GBBR too and they have just released a Carl Gustav as well as the FAL.  VFC really upping their game at least GBBR wise.  Lets not talk about their AEGs....

15 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

HK53 GBBR too and they have just released a Carl Gustav as well as the FAL.  VFC really upping their game at least GBBR wise.  Lets not talk about their AEGs....

We just need to get some U.K. stores to start stocking them and we’re laughing. I’m really impressed with VFC’s product range, both current and future, but I don’t know if it’s a production issue or import problems, but there’s never anything in stock. No G3’s available all year, still no Fal’s available and M110’s have always been very difficult to get.

I was more interested in the XM148 launchers! I'm on the fence with the 249. Having to carry a stack of magazines is a bit odd. And you will want a pile of them. Nice for milsim or gbb only events. I imagine the parts get very expensive very quickly. £600 to start, that's reasonable. Then all the bits to make it into a mk1, plus at least 10 mags. Plus some bulbs incase you gas out...

On 04/12/2022 at 19:07, THE CHIEF said:

I was more interested in the XM148 launchers! I'm on the fence with the 249. Having to carry a stack of magazines is a bit odd. And you will want a pile of them. Nice for milsim or gbb only events. I imagine the parts get very expensive very quickly. £600 to start, that's reasonable. Then all the bits to make it into a mk1, plus at least 10 mags. Plus some bulbs incase you gas out...

I still don't get why no one ever applied the same principles to an aeg 249....

Use the mags as battery boxes, spring loaded mags like they've done here....milsim wet dream

On 04/12/2022 at 14:13, Super64 said:

We just need to get some U.K. stores to start stocking them and we’re laughing. I’m really impressed with VFC’s product range, both current and future, but I don’t know if it’s a production issue or import problems, but there’s never anything in stock. No G3’s available all year, still no Fal’s available and M110’s have always been very difficult to get.

UK Retailers are going to be given a pre order option for the M249 and I know of at least one that has already asked for them. Not to be released until Q3 2023 though 

3 hours ago, 1st commando said:

UK Retailers are going to be given a pre order option for the M249 and I know of at least one that has already asked for them. Not to be released until Q3 2023 though 

That’s definitely good to hear. I’ll keep my eyes open for that.

On 06/12/2022 at 17:06, 1st commando said:

Care to share which retailer it is ? I'd be up for a pre order on one even with a long wait. Kind of get on the pre order waiting list sort of thing .

Edited by Nick G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.