GBB Buying Advice

Jamsandwich

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 28/11/2022 at 14:08, Jamsandwich said:

Metal slide certainly isn't super important.  Especially up here in the cold north where we're going to be settling into Winter for the next 6 months probably.

If you're worried about performance in cold weather you're right to avoid metal slides. Alternatively have you considered a NBB or AEP? While they don't have the grin factor of a GBB, they'll keep going in colder conditions. 

I'm happy to spend a little extra on TM to be honest.  the 100 was really just a baseline.  Just don't want to creep up into the 200 area.

I'm kinda tempted to go for their USP.  My current (broken) USPc is still a lovely looking pistol and not one I've seen around much.  I'm guessing I'll have more luck going for a TM in terms of long-term maintenance.

Well, I think I may have settled on the HK45 by TM.

I do love the aesthetic of the USPc and was tempted to go for it to replace my old one, but it seems the non-compact version performs a little better out-of-box.  And if I'm going non-compact then I might as well go for HK45 which looks better and appears to better parts availability/options.

Thanks for all the words of advice guys.

41 minutes ago, Jamsandwich said:

Well, I think I may have settled on the HK45 by TM.

I do love the aesthetic of the USPc and was tempted to go for it to replace my old one, but it seems the non-compact version performs a little better out-of-box.  And if I'm going non-compact then I might as well go for HK45 which looks better and appears to better parts availability/options.

Thanks for all the words of advice guys.

The 45 is a good choice I have the tatactial as my primary secondary. Mainly for the ambi controls. It's a comfortable gun and with the interchangeable grips will fit different sized hands.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.