Looking for electric rifle recommendations!

The Joke

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hiya!

As the title says, looking for recommendations on a new electric rifle.

Things I'm looking for:

- Carbine/SMG sized. Think the firehawk or KWA EVE-4. I want something nice and compact that I can use for CQB. (But of course, keeps up in a woodland environment as well)

- Excellent range. I'd like to be able to take this rifle into a woodland environment and still smash out some good range with it to keep up with the bigger boys

- Uses M4 mags. This just makes my life easier. But I'll happily take a look at recommendations for rifles that don't use M4 mags.

- Around the 200 - 250 pound mark. This is more of a preference. Anything cheaper or more expensive I'll happily take a look at.

Thanks very much!

• Supporters

What are you wanting it to do that your CM16 Raider doesn't already do?

Bearing in mind that all airsoft guns are basically the same, or can be made to be, and how vague your requirements are, the answer is - really - whatever you want the most.  Folk are just going to pitch our personal favourites.

So I'll pitch my go-to of a G36C plus an M4 magwell adapter.  Jing Gong, CYMA, Specna, whatever you fancy, they're all basic and robust.  Compact with the stock folded, 247mm inner barrel is enough for woodland accuracy, or you can hide a longer one inside a suppressor silencer.

One minor consideration with V3 gearboxes is that that you can wire in a mosfet like a Perun AB++ without even opening them up as the trigger tabs are on the outside.

1 hour ago, The Joke said:

- Excellent range. I'd like to be able to take this rifle into a woodland environment and still smash out some good range with it to keep up with the bigger boys

You don't get this from a stock rifle, you will have to do some upgrading :(

It's taken me time, and I'm afraid a lot of money, so get my 1.14 Joule rifle to the point where it can hop 0.32g BB's damned well so that I can play CQB and also get a range that's somewhere between a stock rifle and a DMR.

Scorpion Evo is one of the best out of the box. Not M4 mags and a little pricier than your average but they are not on the level of cost as GBB mags. Nice and compact and an excellent shooter.

Get yourself a high torque motor, aftermarket barrel,  ml hop rubber and nub, and a ZCI rotary hop chamber.   Fit them to your G&G.

Ahhh the "range and accuracy" Promised Land.

Airsofters Love to act like they have miles of open space to shoot across. I don't think I've ever been to a site where it's more than 60-70M. A Scorpion Evo will get you 40M or so of that out of the box. (although they're a good £100 more than your budget). Sorry to break it to you, but you'll need to close the rest of the distance yourself.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, The Joke said:

I haven't actually got the G&G CM16 any more!

The question still applies though: what do you want your new girlfriend to do that your old one didn't?

I'm not being trite here, just trying to come up with concrete preferences that might point to one make and model over another.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm not being trite here, just trying to come up with concrete preferences that might point to one make and model over another.

Must you always live so relentlessly in the real world! I like to pretend every gun in my collection, serves a different purpose.

24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The question still applies though: what do you want your new girlfriend to do that your old one didn't?

Given what has been said, I think what I need is something that has really solid internals as stock.

Then I can look to upgrading it in the future.

What brands are best known for their internals? Any rifles in particular that spring to mind?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, The Joke said:

really solid internals

= CYMA. However, the current range at PatrolBase doen't seem to have any PDW / short carbines except in the 5xx series with really nasty external plastics, or the Platinum range at £300+.

Specna Arms offer plenty of shorties, but honestly I can't keep track of their constant range-rebranding or where the QC is on them at any point in time.  I'll say that my 2021 Edge has been fine run as a DMR with an M140 spring, and has decent factory radiusing and none of the rough finish that they were turning out for a while. The Edge 2.0 range with the GATE ASTER mosfets offer decent value for money.

Anything in airsoft is a gamble though.

I wouldn't get too hung up on having to upgrade the internals. Quite often they're quite an expense for not much return, if any

Ran an "East and Crane" XM 177 today (various places have them in stock). Did alright with it, seems solidly put together. 11.5" barrel, so not exactly SMG sized, but right in your price range.  They do a bunch of shorter ones according to the poster in the box (7, 5 and 4 inch). No fancy mosfet on mine, but rotary hop and a quick change spring that you don't have to take the gearbox out to swap.

Might be worth a look.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I'm going to get some flack here but I have a Novritsch SSR4 I've skirmished a few times and I Love it.

I'm fine with Novritsch guns. Sure, you'll get some lemons, but he does seem to put some actual effort into upgrading  replacing stock internals in much the same way as any bedroom tech would do, for the same or even less money.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm fine with Novritsch guns. Sure, you'll get some lemons, but he does seem to put some actual effort into upgrading  replacing stock internals in much the same way as any bedroom tech would do, for the same or even less money.

Plus Luke should be pretty familiar with them or failing that, you can buy a whole new gearbox for like £80.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Plus Luke should be pretty familiar with them

It's reassuring to know that he's doing the warranty work for them in the UK, and particular that they get sorted under warranty.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

It's reassuring to know that he's doing the warranty work for them in the UK, and particular that they get sorted under warranty.

Guess I'll eventually get the chance to test this then..https://eu.novritsch.com/ssr4-25-years/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.