Phantom AUG Conversion Kit - guide for a beginner

Pijon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there,

I have recently purchased a Phantom AUG Conversion Kit (the suppressor and the small rails) and I have two huge questions regarding this.
How do I even mount it on either the JG A2 AUG or the Army Armament A1?
I am asking this since I am unable to mount the suppressor directly to the barrel since the threads are the same size and do not fit, please note that I have also asked some people beforehand about this and they stated that I can mount it without any modification. 

Do I need a special mount/thread for this conversion kit?

Thanks,
Random Airsoft newbie

Do you have a picture of what you have?

I was under the impression that this was an outer barrel type piece that replaces the original?

Just found this video.  More details would definately help though...

Edited by Jamsandwich

• Supporters

Glad you got it sorted - I have one of these uppers as well but havent actually installed it. I have like 5 AUG uppers.

About 20 years ago there was a chap at tech brigade who had a phantom aug. He fitted a psg1 inner barrel and padded out the body and around the gearbox with foam. Let me tell you, that thing was quiet and had some real range on it! Maybe something to consider if you want to get fancy. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.