Straight pull bolt sniper

Guest Lord loki

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Lord loki

Hey yall 

Looking into straight pull bolt snipers and only found three but technically really one as this is list any others??

Blaser r93

Barrett m82

Svd dragonov 

• Supporters

OK, two things - 1) why does it have to be a straight pull and 2) two of your choices are semi-auto and not bolt action.

I’ve fired my buddies real Blaser a few times and it’s utterly awesome.

Fabulously machined, and enables a great rate of fire from a bolty. 

If he’d sell it, I’d have bought it by now lol

35 minutes ago, Lozart said:

OK, two things - 1) why does it have to be a straight pull and 2) two of your choices are semi-auto and not bolt action.

You can get a straight pull spring SVD for airsoft.   

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

image.gif.cc10a8ed014a10f455a34d414d8d8c0d.gif

My thoughts exactly. If I was getting an SVD, it's going to be semi-auto!

I find myself curious why it has to be straight pull though. The best sniper platforms in airsoft are not straight pull (I like my VSRs and gas m700s, but people also like the SRS, Steyr Scout and Tac-41)

5 hours ago, BigStew said:

You can get a c02 conversion for it. But again why get a bolt action version of a semi auto DMR.

Are there any good semi auto svds for a DMR? The AEGs seem underwhelming and the WE is, well WE

37 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Are there any good semi auto svds for a DMR? The AEGs seem underwhelming and the WE is, well WE

My friend shoved a Wolverine Hydra Gen2 into his Real Sword SVD because the stock internals shattered and Real Sword never sent him his replacement (they told him they would, but we both reckon they're out of business or something as he has pestered them for over 2 years)

The only downsides are that it uses AEG hop rubbers and not VSR rubbers and it requires a bit of tweaking to get it just right (need a shorter inner barrel for a 1.1J build), but it's probably the best semi-auto SVD build I've seen.

16 minutes ago, Impulse said:

My friend shoved a Wolverine Hydra Gen2 into his Real Sword SVD because the stock internals shattered and Real Sword never sent him his replacement (they told him they would, but we both reckon they're out of business or something as he has pestered them for over 2 years)

The only downsides are that it uses AEG hop rubbers and not VSR rubbers and it requires a bit of tweaking to get it just right (need a shorter inner barrel for a 1.1J build), but it's probably the best semi-auto SVD build I've seen.

That's a shame. I saw the neg air video on the real sword and that looks like a nightmare and he complained about the design of one of the cheaper versions too if I remember. Personally I'm not a fan of hpa anyway

• Supporters
11 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’ve fired my buddies real Blaser a few times and it’s utterly awesome.

Fabulously machined, and enables a great rate of fire from a bolty.

Thanks, I had no idea that existed. It looks like an interesting choice.  How was the accuracy?

11 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

If he’d sell it, I’d have bought it by now lol

Seems to be in stock at (at least) Zero One, price isn't too mental for an airsoft toy.

You see a lot of straight pulls on snipers that have been converted to HPA. I was going to print one for my spring VSR but I don't think it'd last a game day if I did a lot of quick "enthusiastic" bolt pulls 

59 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Thanks, I had no idea that existed. It looks like an interesting choice.  How was the accuracy?

The newer R8 is an amazing bit of kit all round, and pretty popular considering the price.  There were bolt malfunction issues with the earlier R93 apparently.  The lockup failed in a few rather nasty incidents. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, leadly said:

You see a lot of straight pulls on snipers that have been converted to HPA

Straight, short, zero effort: I think these play fast and loose with the concept of "bolt action" given that they can shoot faster than semi-auto DMRs are meant to shoot at most sites.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Straight, short, zero effort: I think these play fast and loose with the concept of "bolt action" given that they can shoot faster than semi-auto DMRs are meant to shoot at most sites.

I use HPA and gas bolt actions and one of the reasons is specifically because the bolt pull is effortless, but I agree with your statement here. I like the effortless pull because it allows me to do it incredibly slowly and deliberately, thus staying hidden more effectively, but converting to straight pull and then using it to essentially rapid fire it is just called being a twat.

13 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Seems to be in stock at (at least) Zero One, price isn't too mental for an airsoft toy.

Sorry, I was talking about his .223, I had no idea an airsoft copy existed

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Sorry, I was talking about his .223, I had no idea an airsoft copy existed

Oops, I missed the "real". :D

Yup, an airsoft toy is available, but the review for it there doesn't look very complimentary.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I tried to make this point in a Facebook group and I just had a load of people trying to claim to that you can run a Springer bolt action just as fast. Then when I pointed out that you could use these setups to run the action without interrupting your sight so they pointed to the srs and other replicas of more modern platforms that you can cycle the bolt without taking your eye off the scope completely missing my point. 

You can get really silly with it with a bar to operate it with the left hand so you don't even have to come off the trigger.

That said, I've been considering HPA'ing an SRS just because my arm's buggered and I can't pull the spring at present. (It's either that or get a TAC41 and try to learn to shoot left handed)

• Supporters
5 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

I tried to make this point in a Facebook group and I just had a load of people trying to claim to that you can run a Springer bolt action just as fast.

Mmm, a lie doesn't become true just because loads of people repeat it.

5 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Then when I pointed out that you could use these setups to run the action without interrupting your sight so they pointed to the srs and other replicas of more modern platforms that you can cycle the bolt without taking your eye off the scope completely missing my point. 

Folk will always find excuses to justify what they've already decided to do, airsoft or otherwise.  It's up to sites to make their minds up on this one, but I'm sure we know how lackadaisical and/or clueless many of them are about the miles that some (not all) players will take when given an inch.

And I guess it's still not as exploitable as the much more common trigger-spammed DMR.

On 22/11/2022 at 21:52, PopRocket123 said:

I had a WE SVD it was decent.

On 23/11/2022 at 23:29, BigStew said:

I had a WE SVD it was decent.

Yeah? How was it range and accuracy wise? I'd prefer to be able to use it as a DMR if possible 

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Yeah? How was it range and accuracy wise? I'd prefer to be able to use it as a DMR if possible 

i was getting 60m hits at the range with 0.28g BBs. grouping wasn't great but they all hit a torso sized target on a stock gun. i only got rid of it as the POS scope couldn't be zeroed for left hand use. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.