Is Dirty Dog always a mess or did we have bad luck?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So we normally play at NSC but decided to try Dirty Dog. It was a total mess. This was probably around a year ago.

- There seemed to be far too many players especially for the container village.

- Large groups of young kids, some blasting the most cringe inducing music from belt mounted bluetooth speakers for all to hear.

- The games seemed to have very little rhyme or reason as to what was going on.

- The respawn points weren't clear and neither were the objectives.

- The main play area was so overgrown and sprawling it was hard for anyone to understand or play the objective.

- Too few marshalls for such a large area with broken lines of site.

It basically felt like we were at a kids Birthday party. The container village is great but have each container rammed full of people made it a chore.

We're thinking of giving it another go. Is it always this messy?

I think that having music blasting from belt mounted speakers would send me home pdq.

Why would you even do that? Lol

One of my buddies used to travel from Edinburgh to play there

(about a 3 hour drive)

He raved about it, the size, the cqb, the container village 

He badgered me to head down with him, I never made it.

Then all of a sudden he went in a strop and sold up all of his kit!!

I wonder if it was a coincidence 😂

20 hours ago, Shamal said:

I think that having music blasting from belt mounted speakers would send me home pdq.

Why would you even do that? Lol

To misquote George Pickett, I always thought them being wankers had something to do with it.

It's one of my local sites.

It can get rather overcrowded, especially in summer.

The village can be a bit of a nightmare, and have far too many people for the size of it.

It's probably the most popular of the local sites, which will inevitably attract a proportionate number of younger players. Most are fine, but there's always some that will be a bit over the top, as it were. (Not just younger players though, tbf).

I've not normally found the games to be too confusing though, they lay it out well enough in the brief and are usually pretty simple affairs most of the time, same goes for the respawns and objectives.

If in doubt, there's usually a marshal nearby who'll be able to tell you where to go, or will be acting as, or rolling the spawn points on if applicable.

There's not normally that much of the site that's overgrown. The only place that springs to mind is the northeast part of the ridge surrounding the village area, and that's only really going to be bad around the summer, when most plants tend to get overgrown! 😂

As to marshal numbers, I guess it can vary, but as it's not a large site, there's usually ample numbers near the action or objectives at least, I've never had to walk far to find someone should I need one.

Summer months are usually peak silly-times, as everyone turns out for the good weather.

I'd recommend going either in the quieter months, or on one of the occasional Saturday games. These are normally lower numbers, and seem to work better for the size and design of the site.

Edited by Hudson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.