More to life than pewing !

Guest Scott doogan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Scott doogan

Just a statement on members of this forum  and some bullshit it has become, I have sold quite a lot on gear and bought the same, lately I’ve been quite dark on hear due to work and real life, now all that said the negative feedback I’ve had form members has been quite shit and being labelled as if I’m a scammer, the items I’ve sold have all been sent to there correct address and generally have no issues, that said the last occasion things did go wrong as I was away with work so it was delayed but did finally get send and received, but as I was busy and not on hear checking emails ect I received a lot of threats towards my self and family members, due to that situation I stepped away from this forum and haven’t been back till now to more demanding messages, I would just like to remind everyone on hear that pewing is not the be all and end all of life and we all have our own shit to do, so if you don’t hear back don’t just assume your being robbed or the worst, also don’t threaten people’s lives and family! 

Outsider view point:

You say you've sold and bought a lot but you have only two pieces of feedback.

Randomly calling someone a nonce on your profile is not a good look.

Pretty serious claims about the threats. Why not escalate that issue, appropriately?

Guest Scott doogan

Yes bought and sold lots of things on hear and elsewhere, do t know why I’ve only had the two feedback reviews but never asked for one, as for the nonce comment that was a joke, also escalate I what way 

11 minutes ago, Scott doogan said:

Yes bought and sold lots of things on hear and elsewhere, do t know why I’ve only had the two feedback reviews but never asked for one, as for the nonce comment that was a joke, also escalate I what way 

Making such threats is potentially a criminal offence; the police would be the appropriate route for escalation.

• Supporters

Sorry to hear its been tough, and certainly when it comes to sales a little bit of patience on both sides goes a long way.

But given the circumstances it sounds like you've got enough on your plate that dealing with the expectations of buyers is too much. Perhaps stepping back and just pulling any sales ads is the way forward.

I've been out of the hobby for pretty much a year now and i still havent got around to flogging the last bits of kit because as you put it, life outside of airsoft is taking enough of my energy right now.

Unless you really need to sell gear to balance the books then there's no harm in letting it sit a while.

I have done hundreds of purchases and sales on various airsoft forums and Facebook. Not once has it ever turned to threats or abusive messages and that includes times where I've taken too long to post items due to life getting in the way, it happens.

Airsoft seems to attract scammers, they are rife, especially from people who have little or no feedback. They are not cheap items that are in that sort of grey area while not being serious cash (thousands) that could attract proper police attention. 

Buyers and sellers should be aware of this, they should therefore act accordingly, the minimum of which is reasonable comms and reasonable posting times. Buyers should do some sort of due diligence and sellers need to demonstrate they aren't scammers.

If you've received threatening or abusive messages from more than one person I'd suggest you're the issue. As has been mentioned if you have the time to list an item, take people's cash and then not have the time to either post it relatively promptly or respond to messages asking where their item is (or even better, manage their expectations regarding postage, "I'm away with work for the next x amount of days, it'll be posted on...." ) etc then maybe you shouldn't be listing them?!

What might be a low value item of little consequence to you could represent a lot of hard work and saving for that person and you being too busy with other things you deem more important than pewing despite taking their cash or communicating isn't really on. 

Life does happen, accidents and emergencies happen, people can be numpties but with smart phones, emails and the forum are available 24/7 from pretty much anywhere and a quick message doesn't take long. 

Whatever is going on, I hope it improves for You, threats to you and your family arent acceptable and you probably have a point that people should have a bit of slack/understanding for other humans. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.