Greetings

Marengo459

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Greetings to all and sundry.

Complete noob to all of this but after a couple of rounds of CQB I believe that I may have found a new hobby.

In a former life I got to play with real life bang sticks and had lots of practice at standing still in sideways rain. 
So, after ignoring the stigma attached to airsoft I took the plunge and went along with a bunch of work colleagues and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I shall be doing lots of reading before taking the next plunge and purchasing my own set up.

M.

Hello & welcome.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, sounds like you’ve been a few times already.

Good plan to know more about what you’re getting yourself in to, it all seems simple till you start peeling back the layers and before you know it you’re looking at cylinder/barrel ratios and working out what kind of ported cylinder you need.

Anyway, there’s lots of stuff here to read up on and plenty more knowledgeable than me to answer any of your questions. Enjoy.

Welcome to the madness. We're a friendly bunch here and won't bite (well, not unless you ask nicely) so if there's anything you're unsure about just ask and I'm sure someone will be able to help. 

I recommend getting your site membership (it's not a license) sorted before buying anything gun shaped as it'll help you decide what suits your needs best, eg I prefer carbines or smgs over longer rifles. Plus you won't have to buy a two tone. Also if you see anyone using something you like the look of dont be afraid to ask them about it as airsofters love to show of their kit and they'll probably let you fire off a few shots too

16 hours ago, Marengo459 said:

Greetings to all and sundry.

Complete noob to all of this but after a couple of rounds of CQB I believe that I may have found a new hobby.

In a former life I got to play with real life bang sticks and had lots of practice at standing still in sideways rain. 
So, after ignoring the stigma attached to airsoft I took the plunge and went along with a bunch of work colleagues and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I shall be doing lots of reading before taking the next plunge and purchasing my own set up.

M.

Welcome. I’ve found that anyone who tries this sport is instantly hooked. Our team grew from 2 to 14 members in less than a year. It is great for the body and mind and for getting nice little red dots when your getting hit haha. 
good luck playing and finding your desired kit

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  Mmm, airsoft can look like it's over-burdened with overweight, overgrown kids, but... no, wait, I'll think myself out of this hole somehow. 🤔

Don't take it too seriously and it can be great fun, and I include gear and toy gun choices in that.  At the end of the day, everything is a 6mm BB blowgun and you can be competitive with even the cheapest CYMAs until you're sure that you're going to stick with it.

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Also if you see anyone using something you like the look of dont be afraid to ask them about it as airsofters love to show of their kit and they'll probably let you fire off a few shots too

This and this again. Airsofters love chatting about guns, gear etc and their choices. Be warned though, getting them to shut up can be a challenge. 

Thank you kindly for your replies, I greatly appreciate them and the wisdom contained within 🙏

It appears to be fun and I try not to be too serious about life (unless it’s serious) and allow my inner child to flourish.

By that I mean not becoming a grumpy old man who smells like wee and ruins everyone else’s fun 😂

Restraint has been tough but I haven’t drained my bank account just yet 😉

Wishing you all an awesome weekend.

10 hours ago, Marengo459 said:

...I haven’t drained my bank account just yet 😉

THAT becomes a problem once you have your UKARA number.

Welcome 🖐 and enjoy all the frivolous, funny & fact filled pages on the forum 😁

11 hours ago, Marengo459 said:

🙏

By that I mean not becoming a grumpy old man who smells like wee and ruins everyone else’s fun 😂

Hey you are describing me! Except that everyone spoils my fun by shooting at me.😂

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.