Custom build issues

Picklerick90

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my friend built me an aeg, it's an ics body, kwa barrel with a split gear box, MOSFET, looks sexy, and I was super happy with it. Admitted the FPS wasn't great, but the accuracy and range were impressive. He suggested I could replace the spring if I wanted abit more power, so I tried changing it, and now I'm having feeding issues, but I'm not sure why. Can upload pics and videos and offer more info. Just putting feelers out if anyone has any ideas. Cheers

IMG20221111094626.jpg

You say you tried to change the spring, did you succeed in changing it or did you open it up get confused and put it back together.

If you did change it then logic would say the spring is the issue. If you didn't manage that then it seems maybe something got thrown off.

Not worked on a split gearbox my self so don't know what issues those may throw up.

Yea I got confused and chose to put it back together lol i haven't touched the gears, just the spring, piston, tappet plate and air nozzle. When I try to fire it, the gears cycle, and the gun does actually fire, like I can hear it, and it sounds perfectly fine. However it has trouble feeding, occasionally some BBS will fire, other times they will kind of dribble out the end of the barrel, sometimes they will stick in the hopup.

No, when I've reopened it, the tappet plate spring is still attatched

1 hour ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Prime suspect is nozzle

Next is bucking

Thank you, I will check them tomorrow.

I checked the bucking earlier, and when I dropped the BB into the hopup, the bucking stopped the BB from rolling down the barrel, is that right, or should it roll freely?

Yeah there should be some resistance to stop BB rolling down.

How much depends on how the hop is adjusted.

All sorted! Thanks for the help guys! I ended up stripping down the top half of gearbox again, cleaning and greasing everything and putting it all back together carefully checking everything as I went. I know I should've done that in the first place (lesson learned!) Just in time for pewpew day tomorrow 😁 thanks again!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.